Pregnant Woman In School

aofclub

Pregnant woman in school

Nowadays, the pregnant student usually have problem with study because the school doesn’t give opportunity to the pregnant student to attend the class. I think the school and society should give opportunity of pregnant woman while study in school for three reasons.

First, the education is more important. We should give the pregnant woman opportunities. The pregnant woman doesn’t for lose opportunity for changing study. We can support them to have good education

Second, we should give the opportunity. The teacher and parents have to understand this pregnant woman. We shouldn’t hide attitude toward.

Finally, the education system of Thailand has to support the woman who setting pregnant in school in the future. They mill

Support their family in the future. They mill provide their children a better future.

In conclusion, we should give education opportunity of the pregnant woman, because education has very important in her life. Why pregnant woman can’t study in school?

Yongyust Chamsiang

There should be no stigma against any single woman who gets pregnant, and no restrictions in obtaining an education. But, only Thais can help Thais from a legal standpoint. Farangs have no influence on the Thai system.

Good luck to the OP.

This is a very serious problem with the Thai education system.

Besides adult education and open university, it is against regulations to allow a pregnant girl/young woman to carry on with her studies on the institional grounds.

ie... any female who is normally found out to be pregnant in school or at college or at full-time university is dismissed. She may resume her studies however, only after the birth of her child.

Edited by Stephen Cleary

Indeed, when I was teaching at a Bangkok University, students would disappear and come back in the following year. Although, I expect the majority would stop their education altogether.

I would bet my house that male students fathering children were not asked to suspend/cease their studies by the university or school.

My eldest daughter got PG as her final year of secondary started. Honor student, officer in National Honor Society. School wanted her to switch to PG class, but she was accepted at a Seven Sisters school (Swartmore?) and chose to get a full scholarship to Texas' most expensive uni. Graduated maybe magna cum laude and is one of state's top classroom teachers now. Second daughter's future husband earned his GED at the alternative school. Turning them out of schol is stupid.

Pregnant woman in school

Nowadays, the pregnant student usually have problem with study because the school doesn't give opportunity to the pregnant student to attend the class. I think the school and society should give opportunity of pregnant woman while study in school for three reasons.

First, the education is more important. We should give the pregnant woman opportunities. The pregnant woman doesn't for lose opportunity for changing study. We can support them to have good education

Second, we should give the opportunity. The teacher and parents have to understand this pregnant woman. We shouldn't hide attitude toward.

Finally, the education system of Thailand has to support the woman who setting pregnant in school in the future. They mill

Support their family in the future. They mill provide their children a better future.

In conclusion, we should give education opportunity of the pregnant woman, because education has very important in her life. Why pregnant woman can't study in school?

Yongyust Chamsiang

Or the girls can think twice about getting pegnant while still at school and wait until they have finished school, or is that too sensible an idea?

Brigante7.

Pregnant woman in school

Nowadays, the pregnant student usually have problem with study because the school doesn't give opportunity to the pregnant student to attend the class. I think the school and society should give opportunity of pregnant woman while study in school for three reasons.

First, the education is more important. We should give the pregnant woman opportunities. The pregnant woman doesn't for lose opportunity for changing study. We can support them to have good education

Second, we should give the opportunity. The teacher and parents have to understand this pregnant woman. We shouldn't hide attitude toward.

In conclusion, we should give education opportunity of the pregnant woman, because education has very important in her life. Why pregnant woman can't study in school?

Yongyust Chamsiang

Or the girls can think twice about getting pegnant while still at school and wait until they have finished school, or is that too sensible an idea?

Brigante7.

============

Somehoooooowwww...... I have the feeling that when cupids arrow strikes and the moment of ultimate passion is about to explode,,,,,,, I just kinda have the feeling that remaining in school in not the first thing that comes to mind

:)

Brigante7.

I agree

And…

Why should a school change their “existing policies” just because of your short-sighted activity? Most other female students seem not to have problem with the issue.

Like “most” things in this world, most favorable policies were made for the “majority”, not a few minority ones.

That really should teach you... to think "carefully" before u do something that may have the negative fallouts later on.

Edited by mooncake

Brigante7.

I agree

And…

Why should a school change their "existing policies" just because of your short-sighted activity? Most other female students seem not to have problem with the issue.

Like "most" things in this world, most favorable policies were made for the "majority", not a few minority ones.

That really should teach you... to think "carefully" before u do something that may have the negative fallouts later on.

Or, of course, they are allowed to continue their education which can only benefit themselves and child, whilst hopefully giving them the opportunity to get a reasonable job and contribute to society.

I agree we are all responsible for our own actions Brigante7 but where should the line be drawn? If I drive my car without wearing a seat belt and have an accident, should I be denied medical treatment because I wasn't sensible? Society is judged on how it treats those less fortunate than ourselves.

I dont see a problem to allow pregnant woman to study, as long as they dont cause problems. When they are pregnant its all ok they can still sit and follow classes. The moment they influence the lessons and other students are duped by this then it should stop.

Brigante7.

I agree

And…

Why should a school change their "existing policies" just because of your short-sighted activity? Most other female students seem not to have problem with the issue.

Like "most" things in this world, most favorable policies were made for the "majority", not a few minority ones.

Or, of course, they are allowed to continue their education which can only benefit themselves and child, whilst hopefully giving them the opportunity to get a reasonable job and contribute to society.

I agree we are all responsible for our own actions Brigante7 but where should the line be drawn? If I drive my car without wearing a seat belt and have an accident, should I be denied medical treatment because I wasn't sensible? Society is judged on how it treats those less fortunate than ourselves.

I think the schools are thinking along the line of…

What if something is to happen to you while you’re in the class, sooo “everyone” has to stop their session just for you?…and how many times can this be tolerated by others?

Isn’t that you will be disrupting other people’s lives and their learning times too?

Have you...I mean "she" thought about this also? :)

Edited by mooncake

Same reason why they don't allow bars, tattoo parlours, or firearms shops on campus here. Potential for negative influence. I'm sure there are plenty of folks that would and could argue that those wouldn't cause any problems either because surely only people predisposed to those elements would partake.....

Edited by Heng

if a woman can work while pregnant there is no reason for her to not study as well... friend of mine did it three times while becomeing a doctor and there are lots of those. true a teenager has more problems but with support from the family of course it can be done. its just considered 'shameful' in thai society to be a pregant teen. of course there are tons of them but they are at home with mom, not in a school. what would all the other parents think if the school had such 'loose' girls among them...

thai friend's daughter got preggers and didnt know it til she got back to mom (thai woman living here) here in israel, thought she had a hormonal problemtil she was sent for ultrasound. gave birth here, went back home to bangkok reenrolled and has finished with good grades. grandma from boyfriend's side babysits. its difficult for her, sure. she's just a young girl raising a baby but she's doing it, and it can be done. they are a thai moslem family btw.

btw, abortion is illegal in thailand. that it is done is an other story. and not for discussion on the forum.

bina

israel

Pregnant woman in school

Yongyust Chamsiang

Brigante7.

============

Somehoooooowwww...... I have the feeling that when cupids arrow strikes and the moment of ultimate passion is about to explode,,,,,,, I just kinda have the feeling that remaining in school in not the first thing that comes to mind

True, but then birth control is freely avaliable to buy over the counter in Thailand so there is no excuse.

Brigante7.

True, but then birth control is freely avaliable to buy over the counter in Thailand so there is no excuse.

Brigante7.

Yes, but young Thai men do not use condoms very often. Nature being what it is, it is just natural that horny teenagers are going to have sex, and unprotected sex always leads to pregnancy. Only the girls can insist on the boys being covered up. The boys aren't going to do it on their own.

Pregnant woman in school

Yongyust Chamsiang

Brigante7.

If they had the choice in the first place?

"...and unprotected sex always leads to pregnancy."

Always?

No, not always. Sometimes one of the couple is infertile. But normally, if people continue to have unprotected sex it's inevitable that the girl will become pregnant. It's like putting one bullet in a revolver and spinning the chamber, and then putting the gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Eventually it goes off.

This argument always winds up with abortion and safe sex issues being addressed. However, like abortion arguments there are always special exceptions in certain cases (such as the girls that didn't willingly have sex with their partner). I personally think that everyone is entitled to an education regardless of their circumstances, including if not especially prisoners, but you cant simply say that a girl has to forfeit her right to an education because she is pregnant, whether it was due to carelessness or other factors.

"...and unprotected sex always leads to pregnancy."

Always?

No, not always. Sometimes one of the couple is infertile. But normally, if people continue to have unprotected sex it's inevitable that the girl will become pregnant. It's like putting one bullet in a revolver and spinning the chamber, and then putting the gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Eventually it goes off.

Yes you are right

Don't forget abortion is illegal in Thailand.

Are you sure? I very much doubt that.

Yes, absolutely sure. Although there are no shortage of illegal abortion doctors from the coat hanger variety to decent quality ones. As with all illegal activities, it has far greater accompanying risk and cost than legal activities.

Abortion Legislation in Thailand

I think this topic has everything to do with the image of the very image conscious institutions that educational establishments are here. The last thing they want is a heavily pregnant female wearing their uniform going in and out of their college gates. Think of the loss of prestige. :)

Brigante7.

Yes, but young Thai men do not use condoms very often. Nature being what it is, it is just natural that horny teenagers are going to have sex, and unprotected sex always leads to pregnancy. Only the girls can insist on the boys being covered up. The boys aren't going to do it on their own.

And why should it always be the man's responsibility to use birth control? Woman can take their own precautions, no? I know that the pill is freely avaliable over the counter in Thailand so why can't the woman take their share of the responsibility?

Brigante7.