High Season And Low Season Dates ?

H2oDunc

For most northern hotels:

Low season April 16 (after Songkran) to October 31, coinciding with the rainy season

High season November 1 to April 15

I know it applies to many Bangkok hotels too. Rates certainly jump from November 1 at many of them.

Most places also charge a premium for the December 25 to January 3 period.

according to some website here are the tourist seasons :

High Season from 16/O1 to 30/04

Low Season from 01/05 to 15/07

High Season from 16/O7 to 15/09

Low Season from 16/09 to 20/12

peak season from 21/12 to 15/01

october and november can never be high season as it's rainning almost 24 hours a day(especially in november)

october and november can never be high season as it's rainning almost 24 hours a day(especially in november)

In October the weather can be fine for a week or two then rain for a few days. November (especially the latter half) is definitely time to dig out the wellies.

No comparison really.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely the closest I can see anyone posting the seasons. Unfortunately this year you could add "ultra low season" for the time from now until around December 10th.

I happened to be looking at the Bangkok Airways Web site and noticed this:

Oct. 5, 6 and 7 flights from Bangkok to Samui are basically all open.

The same dates from Samui to Bangkok are all full.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that people know something that I don't. Is there some Nostradamus thing going on? Are we going to sink into the Gulf of Thailand?

Here is Oct. 6:

Doc3.pdf

If I didn't know better, I'd think that people know something that I don't. Is there some Nostradamus thing going on? Are we going to sink into the Gulf of Thailand?

Here is Oct. 6:

Doc3.pdf

I think the Samui- Bkk flights are actually reduced for low season & they use the "full" in lieu of cancelled.They also block all . so you go & book there & pay for full fare , the only one they can get you :)

Never heard of a second high season from Jul - Sept, is this a travel agent thing catching the school holidays in the west?

I think most would agree Nov-April is 'high' season here

Never heard of a second high season from Jul - Sept, is this a travel agent thing catching the school holidays in the west?

I think most would agree Nov-April is 'high' season here

Sorry, but on Samui November until Christmas is the quietest time of the year with the highest rainfall, and i doubt any resident would disagree with that.

Here is Oct. 6:

Doc3.pdf

I think the Samui- Bkk flights are actually reduced for low season & they use the "full" in lieu of cancelled.They also block all . so you go & book there & pay for full fare , the only one they can get you :D

Ageed, i booked mid november and i'd never had to wait 3 hours in bangkok......

very few flight, in december every hour one flight, no waiting, good service....

but anyway apart me nobody would come to a rainy island in november... :) just becouse the international flight are cheap....

I think the Samui- Bkk flights are actually reduced for low season & they use the "full" in lieu of cancelled.They also block all . so you go & book there & pay for full fare , the only one they can get you biggrin.gif

Look at my pdf file again. Your assessment would mean that all the flights were canceled or blocked or something. I don't understand, "They block all," but however you cut it, according to the Web site, everything would be unavailable -- full fare or otherwise.

More to the point, big discrepancy between the numbers of people coming and leaving.