george

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai Visa really does provide a great outlet for the ignorant, bigoted farangs for whom Thailand (in either the short or long term) allows a home.

God/Allah/Buddha/Zeus/Apollo give us strength. :)

Living in different countries and cultures is supposed to give people different perspectives - hopefully broader and more tolerant of "difference". From reading many of the posts on this thread, clearly that is not the case in real life. Although I guess one must question at times whether the bigots, as represented on this forum, have a real life.

Heartwarming not sickening, considering the international rhetoric against Iran, to see that the people are just like (many of) us.

Personally I am not interested in public sex, seeing or doing, but am all in favour of letting those who want to do their own thing do it, so long as it does not imp[inge on the rights of others. Had they done it in waking hours for kids or very publicly I would be in favour of a short jail spell and large fine, but 4.30am seems to me to be reasonably discrete and if others want to watch and they don't mind what the h@ll?

Those who are baying for it to be on u-Tube in a format that kids can see are far more immoral to my mind than the perpetrators. Having said that I would probably peek at it if I knew where it was!!

Full marks to the police - brings tears to the eyes to see an appropriate response for once.

I hope their names and this obsurd act will follow them back to Iran where they will be stoned in the public square for their actions. I myself am not afraid to have sex on jomtien beach at 0430 in the morning and have a 500 baht each fine. Now let me go to Iran and have public sex and lets see what happens. Both these people need to be reprimanded the same as anyone else would in their own country.

I don't get it, so your in support of religiously oppressive totalitarian regimes?

You are judging Islamic Iran from your christian values! To you, it is an oppressive

totalitarian regime! To a majority of their people, they are happy with their government and their Islamic way of life.Of course, those who disagree live outside the country and those who are in the country reside in the affluent area of Northern Tehran. Those who disagree are in the minority!

At one time, the world also looked at Communism in the same way. Today,you have

America and China working towards a better world.They do not talk about how bad communism is any more, just trade and economy! One world, many systems!Why can't they accept one world, many religions and not try to dominate each other!

Sure, happy family one hand clap - saw that when this young female student was shot by a sniper of the "revolutionary guard" to t set an example....very happy people - they all are engaged in step dance and have a wonderful time, certainly!

Nobody oppresses anyone there - nope! :)

I feel very sorry for this couple if they have to return to this country!

Sounds to me like people are people, I have done similar back home, mind you without the indignity of being caught. As someone commented, no the regime at their home wouldn't look kindly on this, just as well they were here with the BIB in a good mood. Quite funny really.

Iranian couple arrested and fined for having sex on Jomtien beach

PATTAYA: -- Police arrested and fined an Iranian couple for having sex on the Jomtien beach early Friday.

Hashom Abdli, 28, and his girlfriend, Margam Ziyace, 25, were charged with indecency and were fined Bt500 each and were released.

Police Captain Chamrasthong Jinda, deputy inspector of the Pattaya police station, was riding his motorcycle to perform routine checking on the beach at 4:30 am when he spotted a crowd watching something on the beach and some of the tourists were shooting video clips with their mobile phones.

Chamrasthong found the couple in the act and stopped them and took them to the police station.

The Iranian man told police that he did not know that it was illegal to have sex in public place.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-04

NOTE: Any racial slurs will be deleted and member suspended. Thanks for keeping this thread clean.

/Moderator team

the iranian dr. goebbels of the local embassy who has to send those moronic excuse letters to the local english language press on a regular basis will, no doubt, make sure that they get an "appropriate" punichment when to get back in their holy state. The best of luck to them. :)

------------------------------

Yes, no doubt... just like they hang a Iranian guy just recently, only because he had an affair with an American lady!!!

Good luck in the land of Mullahs and Ayatollahs.

Glegolo

Sounds to me like people are people, I have done similar back home, mind you without the indignity of being caught. As someone commented, no the regime at their home wouldn't look kindly on this, just as well they were here with the BIB in a good mood. Quite funny really.

It could have been staged to give the Iranian Government a bad name!Most Iranians

who have been exposed to Western values would only drink beer or liquor immediately upon leaving the country, not go to a beach and show off their sexual prowess.

Knowing there is bad international publicity for Islamic Iran at the moment, such an act would shame the country and its people!

If you do not support the Government,criticize the Government by all means,but do not shame your people and your country by such acts!

I hope their names and this obsurd act will follow them back to Iran where they will be stoned in the public square for their actions. I myself am not afraid to have sex on jomtien beach at 0430 in the morning and have a 500 baht each fine. Now let me go to Iran and have public sex and lets see what happens. Both these people need to be reprimanded the same as anyone else would in their own country.

I don't get it, so your in support of religiously oppressive totalitarian regimes?

You are judging Islamic Iran from your christian values! To you, it is an oppressive

totalitarian regime! To a majority of their people, they are happy with their government and their Islamic way of life.Of course, those who disagree live outside the country and those who are in the country reside in the affluent area of Northern Tehran. Those who disagree are in the minority!

At one time, the world also looked at Communism in the same way. Today,you have

America and China working towards a better world.They do not talk about how bad communism is any more, just trade and economy! One world, many systems!Why can't they accept one world, many religions and not try to dominate each other!

Sure, happy family one hand clap - saw that when this young female student was shot by a sniper of the "revolutionary guard" to t set an example....very happy people - they all are engaged in step dance and have a wonderful time, certainly!

Nobody oppresses anyone there - nope! :)

I feel very sorry for this couple if they have to return to this country!

Getting shot by snipers can occur in any country where political agitation takes to the streets.It can be done by any faction , to silence an activist or intimidate a

group or done by a different faction to create instability!There are only finger- pointing after the tragic event.

When the situation is in a state of flux, it's wiser not to do line dancing in the streets!

I don't want to go back over 20 pages of posting.  Did they are anyone that knows ever say they were Muslim?  or living in Iran.  They could be Iranian Christians and living in the US or even Denmark for that matter and that would explain everything.  :)  You know you can't do this even in California unless its being taped,  They must have assumed with tape rolling it was OK.

totalitarian regime! To a majority of their people, they are happy with their government and their Islamic way of life.Of course, those who disagree live outside the country.......

Iranians are required to act like they're content with the gov't and the religion that's forced upon them. Particularly the religion. To publicly take issue with their prescribed religion would be a death wish.

....and you go on to say 'those who disagree live outside the country...'

What an absurd statement. As if anyone who disagrees with the prescribed methods of thinking can just grab a plane ticket and jet off to a more desirable place to reside. It could well be that over half of Iranians are privately turned off to their political and religious dictates, but does anyone with any knowledge of that part of the world think they can just stand up and speak their minds? Not unless they want to get stoned to death or put in a dungeon.

Look at how quick Iranians take to drinking and partying when they feel safe enough to do so. If Iranians could easily become American or Canadian citizens with no repercussions, they'd be stampeding the exits in hordes.

BTW, plaaduk, I'm not Christian, and neither do I adhere to any other dogmatic thought process. My karma ran over my dogma long ago.

Edited by brahmburgers

Had it been in Iran, then nothing would probably happen to him, but she would have been stoned to death for sure.

Was it Iran or Saudai where a woman was jailed and was ordered to a stoning because she got Gang raped whilst she was out on a date with her future husband.

Another good reason not to let the Little Head direct actions!

For want of a nail ...

imagine how much grief they could have avoided with a blanket or even a large towel?

And even if they want/can get asylum, there are probably family(s) in the Old Country!

Do you suppose one had to persuade the other? "Oh, it's OK, Darling ... "

TBFTGoGGI!

(Edited - added thought)

Edited by pTh

Hmmmm would a couple do that back in Iran? Stupidity at its finest - go back to a hotel.

Well as soon as they are out the clutches of the Clerics off come the Burkas and in this case everything else. Maybe Ahmadinejad will put Thailand on the 'Blacklist"

No way, Amaddinerjacket's already booked up for his re-election bash in Jomtien. 4_1_72.gif

Actually seeing the two 'guilty' (guilty of being human perhaps?) people my heart goes out to them especially the woman. (Miss) What a terrible way to end a romantic seaside holiday. I Hope that none of this follows you back home. (sadly I am sure it will.) Alah ach ba (excuse my poor translation atempt.)

I applaud the local police for the measured and civilized response. 500 baht fine for public sex at 4:30 am, sounds about right. Its also pleasing to hear they were both released. They sound like a lovely romantic couple letting loose on a holiday. I am sure they came here for more freedom and a wild holiday but they were simply misinformed. Who can blame them for thinking Pattaya is a place for libertine behavior?

You people don't think do you? They are pretty much "meat" when they head back to Iran. What do you think will happen to them? This is a country that locks up homesexuals and has a morality poilice. They are dead. Good job to the newspapers and the police for releasing their names...idiots.