Air Asia Is World's Best Low Cost Airline!

junkofdavid2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Air Asia for smashing the Thai Airways overpriced monopoly.
:D:D:D I Agree well said

Not always...

Compared Thai and Air Asia Bangkok-CM for the 18th ...admit its a Friday and Thai was cheaper......not a lot but still...down to time and place.......and 500 miles ......every lil bit "elps.

Will be coming back a week later however on AA (6 of us ) and on this occasion price almost half of what Thai wanted.... :)

It all depends on your budget. I find Ryanair to be very good, they are always punctual and never lose a bag.

however in Asia I would not use a low cost, just pay the spondos for Thai etc. I d'ont fancy ending up off the runway etc upon landing.

A simple example illustrates this point;

A tourist with a suitcase wants to fly to on Nov. 6 BKK-HKT;

TG: 2,675 baht: 20kg baggage allowance, 34" seat pitch, complimentary snack, fully staffed check-in, assigned seating.

FD: 1710 baht + 250 baht for bag + 100 baht for snack = 2060 baht. Add in the additional charge for pick a seat "xpress" boarding (what a joke and that's another 50-100 baht, and then there is the processing fee if you do not buy over the internet, but I'll leave both charges out of the comparison although it can add about 100-150 baht to the price.) For this you get to go sit in a cramped plane with a 29" seat pitch.

I usually plan in advance (except emergency situations that is).

I usually pay no more that 1500B Udon Thani- Bangkok RETURN

I hold tickets UTH-BKK-HKT Return for January 2010 travel at 1933B and that's for 2 PAX!!!

I hold tickets for december UTH-BKK RETURN at 913B two pax 1x15kg bag

I hold tickets UTH-BKK return at 1500B Oct/Nov one pax, 1 bag.

I flew return last month same price as above.

All purchased weeks/months in advance, where is the problem?

You prefer to pay 2675B for a one way, one pax BKK-HKT :):D:D

Well done, Air Asia ! I've been flying many times with you guys, and the price difference with Thai Airways or others had been much more than just a few hundred baht! Good service so far, the seats are good enough (specially compared with long busrides through asia, for the same low price ) and the snacks i'll get on the airport, tastes a lot better then the regular airplane crap anyway ! Thumbs up !

First of all, I will state that I'm a pretty loyal customer of Airasia, and I've had no problems at all with their service as well as their prices (I get what I pay for).

In my most recent trip, and even on many recent press releases, they boasted that according to Skytrax, they're now the world's best low cost airline.

"AirAsia has been named the world's best low-cost carrier by Skytrax, a Britain-based consultancy that rates commercial airlines..."

"We are very honoured to triumph over other low-cost carriers like Ryanair, easyJet and Southwest Airlines," he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

However, I checked the Skytrax website just now, and I can't seem to find any reference at all to Air Asia being the "best" low-cost airline in the world... not even an "indirect" statement which 'may be' interpreted to say that Air Asia is the "best low-cost" airline in the world.

If it's true that they are, am I missing something here??

If, on the other hand, it's a blatant lie, why has Skytrax not said anything?

:D

Skytrax Website Regarding Low Cost:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/Airlines_lowcost.htm

Yes you're missing this

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2009/Lowcost-09.htm

I'm not sure how they measured it though and if you look at the winners in some of the other categories they seem equal perverse IMHO.

:) six hours ago, i booked and confirmed an airasia flight for nov 11,2009.

to my horror, the flight i booked for was supposed to be FD3507 and not FD3501.

the fare was supposed to total c.2,330 baht one way to singapore from bangkok - similar to a flight with same flight number i took the first week of this month from bangkok to singapore .

the flight was supposed to depart bangkok at 1845pm and was supposed to , i repeat , cost c.2,330.

in trying to make my payment on line, the page i was surfing blacked out twice.

when i retrieve the page to pay again, and clicked to pay for the flight i booked, the confirmation gave a different flight time and a totally different cost total.

i ended up with a total 2,800 odd baht airticket and a totally diffrent flight time.

when i immediately called the airaSIA OFFICE IN SINGAPORE AT PHONE NUMBER 63077688, THE HELPFUL STAFF could hardly help after listenning to me for an hour or so..

when i asked to speak the the supervisor, the latter, i was told do not speak to callers.

instead i was told he will call me later.

i asked for an internet address to air asia and was given this useless - [email protected]. -non-accessible website as the page could not be displayed.

the only displayable page from this website was all in chinese and it was nothing related to one to which i want to lodge a complaint.

that was about 9pm.

it is now 11pm and i have not heard from the supervisor.

can anyone please help??????

did someone sabotage the booking of my flight ?????

the flight is not even booked half full when i booked mine and the flight is some 50 days away.

my seat number is 08A and my confirmed flight number is kq2eaq.

this is not the first time i have flown airasia and in fact i just flew into singapore early this month.

by the way, i am retired and have no reason to take a 7am flight to singapore this november , meaning i have to start at 4am or so from where i stay outside bangkok to the airport when hardly transport service start that ealy in the morning.

more importantly, why did i end up paying much more and ended on a different flight and why did my booking on-line got hijacked twice when i tried to pay on-line.???????????????

orst still, during the black out period, i do not know now if someone has stolen my private data and use my private info to book other addtional flights on my account.

all lines to airasia except for the uk and australian offices are now closed and i have no way of checking on this mishaps right now.

can anyone help or have does anyone have a similar bad experience???????? :D

Edited by miatai

First of all, I will state that I'm a pretty loyal customer of Airasia, and I've had no problems at all with their service as well as their prices (I get what I pay for).

In my most recent trip, and even on many recent press releases, they boasted that according to Skytrax, they're now the world's best low cost airline.

"AirAsia has been named the world's best low-cost carrier by Skytrax, a Britain-based consultancy that rates commercial airlines..."

"We are very honoured to triumph over other low-cost carriers like Ryanair, easyJet and Southwest Airlines," he said.

However, I checked the Skytrax website just now, and I can't seem to find any reference at all to Air Asia being the "best" low-cost airline in the world... not even an "indirect" statement which 'may be' interpreted to say that Air Asia is the "best low-cost" airline in the world.

:) my complaint here arises from a hijack on-line booking and the allottment of a higher cost flight i never booked for.

worst still, i believe my private data have been hijacked and compomised.

are airasia supervisory staff so aloof that they can refuse to speak to their clients in distress??????

are they so aloof and such terrible liars that when they delegate their junior staff to say, they, the supervisors, will call back and they never do?????

is airaSIA so upperty that even their contact email address given me by their junior staff for complaints are inaccessible???????????

the full details of my complaint can be found in page two of this panel here presently.

i believe i am not alone with on-line and other problems with airasia.........

scroll through the complaints here and see where we are all coming from....... :D

Edited by miatai

^flown AA hundreds of times - all without any issues. If you can't get it resolved through Air Asia - contact your credit card and dispute the charge. (problem solved)

wow... hundreds? Could you provide us with a general break-down as to which routes these hundreds of flights that you took encompassed? eg. 50 Chiang Mai - Bangkok flights, 110 Hat Yai - Bangkok flights, and 80 flights going to Udon Thani from Bangkok would total 240 flights.

^BKK - SIN, BKK - Phuket, BKK - Udon, BKK - CM, BKK - Phnom Penh, BKK - KL, BKK - Hong Kong, numbers are irrelevent but these are the routes. :)

Well well you are a lucky guy, i have used A.A. 3 times in last 5 weeks Chiang Rai to BKK, 3 times late, once ticket price given went up from ticket office in Big C supermarket 1480 baht to A.A. airport desk 20 mins later 4480 baht. when i queried the increase the staff, especially the little male git behind the counter, were rude and unhelpful telling me to complain to BKK or get another airline, (they suggested one-2-go), either way they didnt care

^BKK - SIN, BKK - Phuket, BKK - Udon, BKK - CM, BKK - Phnom Penh, BKK - KL, BKK - Hong Kong, numbers are irrelevent but these are the routes. :D

Well well you are a lucky guy, i have used A.A. 3 times in last 5 weeks Chiang Rai to BKK, 3 times late, once ticket price given went up from ticket office in Big C supermarket 1480 baht to A.A. airport desk 20 mins later 4480 baht. when i queried the increase the staff, especially the little male git behind the counter, were rude and unhelpful telling me to complain to BKK or get another airline, (they suggested one-2-go), either way they didnt care

I tell you Air Asia Customer service Is C R A P. And these posters who come on here saying"I never had any problem with them..." blah blah blah,, well it will happen to you sooner or later. No sympathies then . when you get ripped off :)

Edited by sunnymarky

^BKK - SIN, BKK - Phuket, BKK - Udon, BKK - CM, BKK - Phnom Penh, BKK - KL, BKK - Hong Kong, numbers are irrelevent but these are the routes. :)

????????????why are numbers suddenly irrelevant??????????

a short while ago, you advise me to talk to my credit card company. then you claim you have flown more than a hundred times with airasia without problems. who are you exactly??????

?????is it so hard to tell the truth in your previous claim on this tread????????????

remember, you have posted in this tread for quite a while now. are we to believe now you're into half-truths here and before??????

you have, since november 2003, 1900 odd postings , remember.

you have not flown with them to australia???

you are not a troll , are you?????

you are on their pay-roll, i assume????

besides hong kong , have you flown with them to other parts of china and other parts of malaysia besides kl?????

what about flights to india with airasia????

Edited by miatai

:)

Happy you are interested in my flying habits. :D

No, I do not work for Air Asia, but I am a very happy customer flying with them over the years! Great low cost airline and I highly recommend them! No flights to Oz, India, or other parts of Malaysia/China. Please read it will make things easier on you. :D

If you don't like Air Asia then fair enough, but don't whinge/troll when there are millions of us that do. :D

:D:D:D:D:P airasia,

,,,,"you can bluff some of the people all the time,

all the people some of the time,

but not all the people all the time".

does this quotation from an ex-american president mean anything to you, airasia????????????????????? :):D:D

^The Skytrax World Airline Awards recognise the importance of the low cost airline sector, and this was a major part of the passenger survey. AirAsia was named the Worlds Best Low Cost Airline for 2009, ahead of Air Berlin (2nd) and easyJet (3rd).

"AirAsia is not only one of the pioneering low cost airlines in Asia, but also the first pure low cost to launch long haul operations (having recently started flying between Malaysia and the UK) and many will be watching this carefully to see if such transformation can be successful" said Plaisted.

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/main/aoy-2009-release.htm

^flown AA hundreds of times - all without any issues. If you can't get it resolved through Air Asia - contact your credit card and dispute the charge. (problem solved)

wow... hundreds? Could you provide us with a general break-down as to which routes these hundreds of flights that you took encompassed? eg. 50 Chiang Mai - Bangkok flights, 110 Hat Yai - Bangkok flights, and 80 flights going to Udon Thani from Bangkok would total 240 flights.

Sorry, but it was your mentioning of numbers that caught my attention so is it possible to give a rough idea of your flight totals to these destinations, eg. 60 bkk-sing flights plus 80 bkk-phuket trips and 30 flights to Phnmom Penh along with 50 flights to KL and added on with 80 trips to Hong Kong from Bangkok would be around 300 flights.

Also, how many of these flights were taken over the past 12 months because that would be a very relevant aspect?

britmaveric:

I've noticed you replied to other posts, but not this one. I would just add that the numbers you said are relevant because it goes to the core of your statement that out of hundreds of these flights, you've never had any problems. Your claim to that effect is that your opinion is very valid due to your extensive use of their services and I'm just trying to put that relevancy and validity under a light.

If your history with the airline does not involve hundreds or does not involve flights over the past 12 months, then the validity of statements are diminished.

britmaveric:

I've noticed you replied to other posts, but not this one. I would just add that the numbers you said are relevant because it goes to the core of your statement that out of hundreds of these flights, you've never had any problems. Your claim to that effect is that your opinion is very valid due to your extensive use of their services and I'm just trying to put that relevancy and validity under a light.

If your history with the airline does not involve hundreds or does not involve flights over the past 12 months, then the validity of statements are diminished.

Well if you want to split hairs 101 is in the hundreds as is 999. Would you not agree that there is a huge difference although they are both in the hundreds? So if britmav said 101 flights, would it meet your validity criteria?

britmaveric:

Well if you want to split hairs 101 is in the hundreds as is 999. Would you not agree that there is a huge difference although they are both in the hundreds? So if britmav said 101 flights, would it meet your validity criteria?

Being that it is the plural form of a hundred, I would take 200 as the minimum acceptable number for "hundreds", but one might conclude that the actual number is far less than that as even that would involve weekly flights for nearly 4 years straight and I think it's safe to presume that his "hundreds" was an outlandish exaggeration to boost his point of reference for the validity of his assessment on the airline. An additional component is the dateline of his flights, but that will be unknown until the claimant elaborates on the "when".

Edited by cruiser2

britmaveric:

Being that it is the plural form of a hundred, I would take 200 as the minimum acceptable number for "hundreds", but one might conclude that the actual number is far less than that as even that would involve weekly flights for nearly 4 years straight and I think it's safe to presume that his "hundreds" was an outlandish exaggeration to boost his point of reference for the validity of his assessment on the airline. An additional component is the dateline of his flights, but that will be unknown until the claimant elaborates on the "when".

You must be alot of fun at parties. :)

bkkjames. tell me about it mate. The lad is worrying about irrelevant information.. the flights/routes I have flown never had an issue. What is so hard to understand? :) Some people seem to be clueless when they fly, whinge when they aren't getting a full service airline when they are flying a low budget point to point carrier. For what Air Asia offers - its tremendous value. If you don't like them use your feet and fly TG or some other legacy carrier, but I doubt you will get a better deal. :D

Edited by britmaveric

I understand if you don't wish to explain your claims that back up your point of view after using these claims to add to the validity of your position.

It's not easy to keep an untruthful claim going by explaining even the rudimentary basics to the falsehood.

^I think you do not want the truth and I understand your reluctance to be not honest with yourself.

Air Asia Rocks!!!! :)

My reluctance is to accept that you had "hundreds" of AirAsia flights as you claim; nothing more.

As you have neglected to specify when any of your flights with them occurred, I also am reluctant to believe that any of them were relatively recent.

Edited by cruiser2