More Than 10,000 Drug Dealers Targeted

george

They do, but the leads always ended up to the untouchable ones!  The police couldn't do anything to them 'cause these druglords maybe, I repeat, maybe ones of their own people or the godfathers.  The police then desperately need scapegoats so it appears to the public that they have captured the right ones.

That explains why the police really need to take control of the forensics deivision of the Justice Dept.  They can control ALL of the aspect of the cases, from top to buttom.  That's why Dr. Pontip fights so hard to protect her division from being take over so there is no more justice left in Thailand.  You see?

For example, in the 40's, one Police Colonel was assasinated because he found out that the Police Commander-General at the time was the druglord!

Golf

There you go... the corruption in Thailand is so widespread that there is no hope of change... ever. :D

And the public $$$ spent on trials is just a face-saving exercise. :o

That's why most Thai people are worshiping rich men. That's why they love money and power. That's why they all want to get rich. They are not only want to have better lives, but also want to be on the top. They're being pressed by the rich. The only way out is to get rich and powerful so they can survive and be the one that press others. No more social morals.

Golf

Edited by Golf

What we really need here is a really effective "War on Drugs" like they had back in the US. That really worked. Yeah right.

The most powerful country on Earth... but they don't have the balls to take on a few hundred Burmese, Mexican, Colombian, etc. drug lords, defended by maybe a few thousand to tens of thousands of mercenaries with light arms. Better to send the kids to fight for oil and profit than to keep smack and coke out of our schools.

:o

Who has better karma, Golf?  The kingpins or the lower level dealers?

:D

Isn't that like asking who has the better karma, the muderer or the rapist?

I think neither would have very good karma, and who cares anyway, lowlife is lowlife, buy it a university degree and some nice clothes and its still scum inside.

That'll get you an F+ on your Buddhism 101 final (for copping out on answering the question).

For young Golf, and anyone else claiming to believe in karma (which I don't incidentally), the question is a legitimate one. Who is leading the "better" life? The dealer or the druglord? The lower level dealer, living in his rented apartment, subject to sudden executions and street level turf wars, poisoning entire neighborhoods? Or the kingpin, in his/her secluded compound, often immune from the law, sometimes working in synergy with other drug lords, poisoning entire nations?

sorry still don't get it, as a non buddhist maybe its going over my head, but what has Karma to do with lifestyle, i understand its a valid question, but what logic is used in determining the answer. Can a monk with no material possesions, subject to the whim of local people taking care of his needs (food) have better karma than the rich businessman (who's family donate to his temple), or is that not a valid question?