Firefox And Flash Player

holidaybob

Hi

I've just started using FireFox3.5 and some web pages require Flash Player. I have Flash Player 10 installed but its not working in FireFox pages that require it still say I need to download Flash Player 9 or above.

Can anyone tell me how to get Flash Player running with FireFox

Thanks In advance.

Hi

I've just started using FireFox3.5 and some web pages require Flash Player. I have Flash Player 10 installed but its not working in FireFox pages that require it still say I need to download Flash Player 9 or above.

Thanks In advance.

I can't help - but look forward to the response; I switched from IE7 to Firefox 3.5.2 which solved all my 'lack of speed' problems, except for teh issues with Flash and real Player, neither of which I can get to function with Firefox; like you I have Flash 10 installed but f doesn't seems to know where and just asks for it to be installed. Real Player saves downloads as .flv but then cannot play them back . . . says this file format not supported

typical fix one problem, create another two

help...

Hi

Thanks In advance.

Type in your URL bar "about:plugins" and check which Flash version is reported

When installing Flash, make sure all browsers are completely closed (check your active running processes for firefox.exe).

Its might be necessary to uninstall the old Flash version first before installing the new version

Hi

Thanks In advance.

The good news is that I am running Firefox 3.5.2 under XP and Ubuntu 9.04 and flash works OK for me so there is proof that it can work!

Less good is a quick Google shows that this seems to be a common problem and I have seen no definitive soliution

but maybe one of these links may help

http://news.cnet.com/problems-updating-the...fox-heres-help/

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+...in+with+Firefox

A quick read shows two common problems One is It must be Fash 10 as V9 is not compatable with the latest Firefox, and in some cases multiple veriosn of flash are installed causing confusion with Firefox

Good luck.

Hi

Thanks In advance.

Type in your URL bar "about:plugins" and check which Flash version is reported

When installing Flash, make sure all browsers are completely closed (check your active running processes for firefox.exe).

Its might be necessary to uninstall the old Flash version first before installing the new version

Hi

It seems there was a conflict with an older version of flash player (8.4) that the flash uninstaller wasn't removing. So I just deleted the file and reinstalled flash 10.

I can now have my bacon sandwich knowing every thing is working.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers Bob

I'll just add this in case others have a related problem. One thing to note is there is a different version of Flash for Internet Explorer and for other browsers like Firefox, Opera, etc. So there are 2 versions to install when running Internet Explorer and another browser on a computer.

If needed, the Adobe website does also have old versions available. They are not archived in an easy to install form though, so are annoying to try to install.