Borrowing From Farang Men

Kf6vci

Hi All,

one week after the first internet chat on a site named BADOO (?), my mate agreed to send 3,500 Baht to an otherwise unknown girl. He didn't understand what this money is for - not that it matters.

I tried to ask him to have her come and bring collateral and sign a Thai contract which my wife could make up and take down her ID card number, or something.

I wouldn't dream of this - he never even met the lady! - and wonder if this a known play with a horny bad looking, very overweight 52 y.o. farang? Too revolting for a longer romance, so just somehow ask for 3,500 Baht prior to dumping or blocking him.

He provided bank details, but I would rather have the lady come out to collect the cash. Maybe my wife can question her a bit in Thai?

Closing, I hope that all lonely men reading this will think twice before following where this guy is headed.

it is my personal belief that folks have to learn to live within their means. That might mean they gotta stop running up that mobile phone bill.

The mate should spend his money getting actually laid - enough said.

Hi All,

one week after the first internet chat on a site named BADOO (?), my mate agreed to send 3,500 Baht to an otherwise unknown girl. He didn't understand what this money is for - not that it matters.

I tried to ask him to have her come and bring collateral and sign a Thai contract which my wife could make up and take down her ID card number, or something.

I wouldn't dream of this - he never even met the lady! - and wonder if this a known play with a horny bad looking, very overweight 52 y.o. farang? Too revolting for a longer romance, so just somehow ask for 3,500 Baht prior to dumping or blocking him.

He provided bank details, but I would rather have the lady come out to collect the cash. Maybe my wife can question her a bit in Thai?

Closing, I hope that all lonely men reading this will think twice before following where this guy is headed.

it is my personal belief that folks have to learn to live within their means. That might mean they gotta stop running up that mobile phone bill.

The mate should spend his money getting actually laid - enough said.

His money, he can do what he wants with it.

And besides, its 3.5k.

Probably would have been better spent elsewhere, but no real harm done.

This has the potential to get ugly fast.  I have already deleted two posts for breaking the below rule:

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

Let's not get carried away with this one.

Yup I agree…..it’s his money he can do whatever he wants.

He can blow it up, or he can suck it down…..up to him really.

There are many farangs that had lost much more “than that” in Thailand to their girls who eating and sleeping with them everyday. It always come down to ….how dumb and desperate the guys are.

But don’t get involved if I were you….period.

And tell him …NOT to bother you w/ it also. It’s his life he should take care of it himself, he’s full grown man already.

Just my take here.

Where in the world can you get a valuable life lesson for USD100? Just going over the facts in one's head should cause normal people to give pause to a money giveaway. That said, if you give $100 to a charity how much really does go towards the cause rather than hefty administrative fees?

let the guy feel good about helping someone (probably a cute girl) with 3500 baht.

it's better than giving money to charity where you know the poor malnourished little african kid won't see a dime of what you send because 90% of the money will be used on administrative costs and the 10% that's left will be spend on weapons by some war lord.

Look at it this way.

If chatting online kept the bloke out of the pub for a few nights, he is probably better off financially by about that amount. So he gives it away and feels good, add to that he is a little healthier for not having given his brain and liver a caning.

Win - win :)

Pretty bloody pathetic if you ask me - why on earth would u send dosh to someone you dont know? Small amount, but simply the principle of the matter.

There's one born every minute, anyway if it let's him get his rocks off, well.......let him be.

It's not the amount of money that matters, it's the principal of the whole thing. If this guy is really a close mate of yours I would tell him to stop being a dumb*ss and have internet sex with someone else who doesn't need a loan. Im sure it won't take him long to find the replacement.

Well, I have been stalling. The I had the pleasure of speaking to the lady. I asked her why? A: she only paid "half the rent".

The bloke thinks this buys him an unlimited stay in her room. - None of my business, really. But I'm in too deep into this #%#$$#$#@$@

so I promised to make that deposit tomorrow morning.

Seems I need to filter with whom I am dealing.

Again, the reason for posting this tale is to warn other men of such a scheme.

Chris

post-7704-1252336069_thumb.jpg