Good Barber

I know a great barber my Mrs sends the kids to, he is always busy and seems to do a good job cheap......Im not sure how good his english is, or how good your Thai is but you can give it a go....

He does it from home, if you turn down the ghost road at the 7-11, go past The Hut on your right, then there is an independant shop on your right, just after there on your left there is some shop units when they end turn left into Chaweng Park Way 4, you will see a fairly new development, the guy's house is on the first row you see in front of you and it's all shaded with plants, trees etc, it's either the first or second house, you will probably see motorbikes parked outside and he uses the front of his house as the barbers shop.

Andy

I know a great barber my Mrs sends the kids to, he is always busy and seems to do a good job cheap......Im not sure how good his english is, or how good your Thai is but you can give it a go....

He does it from home, if you turn down the ghost road at the 7-11, go past The Hut on your right, then there is an independant shop on your right, just after there on your left there is some shop units when they end turn left into Chaweng Park Way 4, you will see a fairly new development, the guy's house is on the first row you see in front of you and it's all shaded with plants, trees etc, it's either the first or second house, you will probably see motorbikes parked outside and he uses the front of his house as the barbers shop.

Andy

THX Andy, I'll give him a go! :)

I used to go to the small place right next to Punpreeda Resort down by that newish Indian restaurant. I guess she did a good job because everywhere I went the girls would shout out "Handsome man!".

AHAHA....yeah, well who needs a good haircut to be called that there??? :)

Anyways will check than one to, is because I had some Thai cut butcher my hair last go around, so you understand why I askin' around.

Thx buddy

I used to go to the small place right next to Punpreeda Resort down by that newish Indian restaurant. I guess she did a good job because everywhere I went the girls would shout out "Handsome man!".

AHAHA....yeah, well who needs a good haircut to be called that there??? :D

Anyways will check than one to, is because I had some Thai cut butcher my hair last go around, so you understand why I askin' around.

Thx buddy

Jens have you tried the barbers at the back of Green Mango?

Head round the lake past the back of McDonalds and turn right. Just past the first Seven. Two gents there will trim your barnet neatly for 100baht. Nostrills, eye brows,sideburns, shave, talc and token shoulder rub. If you get the woman just politly refuse and wait for one of the gents.

I have next to no hair but their attention to detail reasures me and everytime I leave the ladies seem to notice :) .

AHAHA....yeah, well who needs a good haircut to be called that there??? :D

Thx buddy

Head round the lake past the back of McDonalds and turn right. Just past the first Seven. Two gents there will trim your barnet neatly for 100baht. Nostrills, eye brows,sideburns, shave, talc and token shoulder rub. If you get the woman just politly refuse and wait for one of the gents.

I have next to no hair but their attention to detail reasures me and everytime I leave the ladies seem to notice :) .

I'll second that. theres 2 barbers there on the right hand side. Dan is the mans name (think he has a sign with his name??) best haircut i have ever had anywhere in the world. his english is good as well

I have next to no hair but their attention to detail reasures me and everytime I leave the ladies seem to notice :D .

Funny , when we get older, different parts of our head need a hair cut :D ,go in for a hair trim & an ear cut :)

I have next to no hair but their attention to detail reasures me and everytime I leave the ladies seem to notice :D .

Funny , when we get older, different parts of our head need a hair cut :D ,go in for a hair trim & an ear cut :)

I'll second that. Need to learn the Thai for "give the sides a trim, the tops mine!"

I'll second that. Need to learn the Thai for "give the sides a trim, the tops mine!"

Thx guys, but I'll drop that ear-cut! :D

Cheers Rooo, but not so funny when your only 30!! :D . Had a full head of hair when I arrived on Samui. Three years on and im left with a fringe resembling Hitlers tache :D . Like a segment of eyebrow thats broken off and decided to migrate north. Allow it any growth and it takes on a life of its own, pointing in whatever direction it feels like. Sit under a fan in a bar and its like Jack Sparrows bloody compass. Only reason I hold onto it is coz i find it acts as quite an effective sweat catcher :D . ( but am at a loss to what purpose the rampaging nostrill hair is supposed to serve).

A year ago I went to a barbers in Cambodia and asked for a hair cut and shave, he continued to cover my whole head and face in foam :D . Within two minutes a group of locals gathered round taking pictures on their phones. Not good. Clearly the sight of a foam covered farang man was something of a novelty in those parts. Unconfortable experience at the time but quite liberating once the job was done.

Always chuckle inside watching the barbers here approach a bald head with such care and attention, as im sure they chuckle inside as I approch their shop. Never worked out why it takes them half an hour to cut a bald mans hair but im sure they cant work out why one with such little hair bothers going the barbers.

Anyway back to topic, the barbers at the back of Green Mango would always get my vote. Always professional, always good chat, always funny and for 100Bt its well worth a visit.