Thai Passport Expiring

Gibbo

Hi Guys,

My Thai wife needs to return to Thailand urgently and has just noticed

her passport expires in 3 months.

Can she use the passport to return home on a one way ticket.

Regards

Gibbo

If she has a permit to stay in your country why can't she have a new passport issued by the Thai Embassy ? :)

And...I don't understand the last sentence as well.... :D ..but maybe it's me.

LaoPo

Hi Guys,

My Thai wife needs to return to Thailand urgently and has just noticed

her passport expires in 3 months.

Can she use the passport to return home on a one way ticket.

Regards

Gibbo

Have just last week completed passport renewal for my Thai stepdaughter at Sydney Consulate. My wife complted the process in about three weeks. All appropriate photos and documentation completed at the Consulate. Rock up with old passport within proper hours of business (phone first to confirm) and service couldn't be better. Hope this helps.

Your wife can even retun to Thailand on a one way ticket with an expired Thai passport.

She can get a new one in Thailand, if she is still on someones household book, a Thai passport only takes about 4 days to get and costs 1,000 baht plus 30 baht if you want them to send it to your homeadress.

Your wife can even retun to Thailand on a one way ticket with an expired Thai passport.

She can get a new one in Thailand, if she is still on someones household book, a Thai passport only takes about 4 days to get and costs 1,000 baht plus 30 baht if you want them to send it to your homeadress.

Thank you all for your help.

She is returning home on Thursday, the best and only option is to renew her passport

when she's home.

Gibbo

• 2 years later...

This post was in 2009. Does anyone know if it is still ok for my Thai wife to travel from the US back to Thailand with an expired passport? She also has a green card. We plan on using China Airlines, I wonder if they will let her on the plane.

Edited by Yager

This post was in 2009. Does anyone know if it is still ok for my Thai wife to travel from the US back to Thailand with an expired passport? She also has a green card. We plan on using China Airlines, I wonder if they will let her on the plane.

I doubt it. Passports are required to get on the plane in the US for any foreign travel. Green card won't work.

If you want to explore this more, please open a new topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

A Thai returning to Thailand with an expired passport is no problem as long as she doesn't have to enter another country (go through immigration) for a connecting flight.

Leaving Thailand on an expired passport is not allowed, and to get a new passport in Thailand she must be registered on someones household registration book!

I seriously doubt that any international carrier will allow boarding in the U.S. without a valid passport, in most cases this requires at least six months before the passport expires. Further I'd be shocked if CPB allowed entry air-side with an expired passport.

I seriously doubt that any international carrier will allow boarding in the U.S. without a valid passport, in most cases this requires at least six months before the passport expires. Further I'd be shocked if CPB allowed entry air-side with an expired passport.

IATa database:

National Thailand (TH) /Residence USA (US) Destination Thailand (TH)

vi_de.gif

Thailand (TH)

in_on_no.gif

Passport required.

- Expired passports issued to nationals of Thailand are accepted.

- Passport replacing documents issued to nationals of Thailand must be valid on arrival.

IATa database:

National Thailand (TH) /Residence USA (US) Destination Thailand (TH)

vi_de.gif

Thailand (TH)

in_on_no.gif

Passport required.

- Expired passports issued to nationals of Thailand are accepted.

- Passport replacing documents issued to nationals of Thailand must be valid on arrival.

OK, doubt removed, assuming those IATA rules are up to date. Now will CPB (TSA) allow you to clear security with an expired passport?

Most transit points - there are no longer any direct, non-stop flights - require a security re-clearance, albeit with only a cursory review of the passport. I assume an expired passport would not be an issue?

I'm not sure it's a risk I'd want to take. If the airlines staff questions it, you won't even be able to check in. Then there's the TSA check, sometimes a check at the gate, a recheck (sometimes) when in transit...ugh...too many places for it to break down.....