Land Transfer

Search and/or scroll back through previous property forum threads for earlier detailed discussions on this topic. There have been a couple just in the last month or so. There is no minimum age under the law but different land dept offices will provide different answers to this question

I had land that was in my ex-wifes name transfered into my daughters name, my daughter was only 4 years old at the time. This was done through a divorce agreement that i had drawn up prior to the sxxt hitting the fan. They used my daughters finger print to sign the title deed.

This was in the land office in Sakon Nakhon

I had land that was in my ex-wifes name transfered into my daughters name, my daughter was only 4 years old at the time. This was done through a divorce agreement that i had drawn up prior to the sxxt hitting the fan. They used my daughters finger print to sign the title deed.

This was in the land office in Sakon Nakhon

Thanks Geordie, the big D has already happened, but she agrees. Someone told her a Thai had to be 21 to have land, quess that is wrong, just got to show law to land office

Hi Mumbojumbo,

i would take a lawyer with you just incase the land office say no.

If your wife has custody of your son you should realise that she will have control over the land for your son until he is old enough to control it himself, but she will have to go through the child courts if she wants to sell it. The child office will then decide if it's in the childs best interest.

Geordie

Hi Mumbojumbo,

If your wife has custody of your son you should realise that she will have control over the land for your son until he is old enough to control it himself, but she will have to go through the child courts if she wants to sell it. The child office will then decide if it's in the childs best interest.

Geordie

Planned on taking lawyer to show Thai law, and i have custody.

Hi Mumbojumbo,

Geordie

Planned on taking lawyer to show Thai law, and i have custody.

I also have custody (yes it does happen), bought in my daughters name, but did take a lawyer to the land office which I believed helped. Very hard to sell until I think 20 yo, no intention of selling anyway, just some inheritance for her. If she goes nutty later and sells it then will get nothing from back home which is much more.