Arrest Warrant

tommy29durham

>snip>

As far as the warrant is concerned, what I would do is, to call your embassy in the UK , explain your concern, and ask for advised.

Hi 'sirineou',

There is no such place only 'The Home Office' and 'The Foreign Office' as the OP's is a UK passport holder or have I read it wrongly 'tommy29durham'. :D

You are 'Tommy' aged 29 years old and from 'Durham' in the UK. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

I know. I thought of that one before I wrote the post. Thats why Ive put a 'made-up' username on here. And using a friends laptop to do it! :D)

Don't think it would make any difference!!

If your ex filed a complaint/charge,im sure she gave your name,address,DOB,photo..ect

When you pass through swampy Alarm bell's will ring,BIB will appear out of nowhere,jumping out of dustbins,repelling from the roof ect ect :)

I highly doubt she called the police, BUT the problem is she may still have the text messages and when she finds out you are in Thailand, she may let the police know. I have several 'important' text messages--one is a threatening one and I may have to use it at sometime in the future. I've had them for several years.

Your wife may not know your here, but you may run into or see someone who knows her. Thailand can be a really, really small country.

I suggest the P.I.

Best of luck.

But even if your X does try to make a problem for you, these were Telephone Text Messages ??

You can just deny it surely, just say it was not you.

There is no concrete proof that it was you who sent the Messages is there?

I really think your worrying over nothing, but good luck with it all anyway.

We all say harsh things when we are angry and don't sometimes mean what we say.

Why not change your number so that there is no real connection between you and the number then if you have any trouble be polite and respectful and deny all. You may have trouble being polite and respectful saying things like this:

---->It makes no difference to me. If no-one can help Ill just go to Angleles City in Phillipines. Ive heard the women out there are even better! <----

Guys like you always suffer from delusions of grandeur, normally when its way too late, and ya hiding in some crappy safe-haven - why would anyone care or be looking for just another stupid, immature motor-mouth drunk - 99% of this community & 100% of Pattaya would be texting outa Cell Block C, instead of the local Cyber Cafe, or a friend's IP - thats real neato. Now he gets blackballed also.

But before the grandeur stage, which is normally brought upon by copious amounts of elcheapo beer, which you know ya can never process successfully - but yet ya persist in doing. every nite - then decide to marry the babe - one can only feel incredibly sorry for all the terrific babes who so wrongly perceive louts like you to be their saviors - their Knight in Shining Armor - what a crock.

At least be man enough not to drag your buddy into the toilet along with your miserable a$$ - if they they indeed do have some beef with you - so please stay where you are.

One thing you can do is apply for a visa while in the UK. If you are on a black list (meaning that you have had some marks against you hear, maybe through a court notice), you will be stopped prior to getting the visa, while in the UK instead of in Swampy.

I have been in and out of the police station, and am not aware of seeing one complaint filed and then the information being available throughout the country. It is a Royal Thai Police Department, but I have not seen the data transferred to all offices in any meaningful manner. This does not mean I am right, but it is what I have seen.

If this happened not too long ago, why not go to the PI, and then try Thailand on the next trip. It is no fun looking over your shoulder now when you are worried about it.

This should do the trick. Get a criminal background check done before you leave your home country. Any arrest warrants will show up.
Criminal Record Check

Non-Thai Citizen

For non-Thai passport holders please contact the Royal Thai Police in Thailand at the address and telephone number below to receive information to process your application:

The Police Clearance Service Center

And some friendly advice Tommy don't let other TV members get under your skin. There are many who troll the threads to flame other members, especially newbies. The Mods and Admins stay on top of thing pretty well. All caps is considered bad form and can get you a warning.

I don't understand on what grounds you believe a criminal record check will show whether there is an arrest warrant. These checks offered to the public at most show the criminal record, hence the name. That is, what crimes they have been convicted of.

----

To the OP:

The arrest warrant might have been kept secret (think of the French director who some 15 years after making a documentary was arrested on arrival in Thailand for 'criminal slander' against a Thai corporation). Alternatively, the arrest warrant could have been issued via Interpol. In that unlikely second scenario you can just check on their website.

In any event, as people have pointed out, if anyone wished to make a complaint against you and still have the evidence then your liberty is in danger. I hear Manila is lovely this time of year.

name='tommy29durham' post='2995119' date='2009-09-07 17:43:49']This may come across as a strange one. My ex-wife is from Thailand. We are now divorced. Things got a bit nasty towards the end. When I was in the UK I sent a few txt messages to her mobile saying nasty things about [ a certain subject that is against Thai law].. This all happened over a year ago.

Im wanting to go back to Thailand for a holiday, but whats the chances I might get arrested for these txt messages to my ex??? Is it insufficient evidence to get arrested, especially with it being so long ago? (As I could just deny I never sent those txts)

I hope someone can advise me??????

I do know how you feel and that you probably didn’t mean what was said, only that you were bitter and stressed about the way you were treated by your ex wife.

I have my doubts that the Thai authorities would be interested in a personal one to one phone text message. I cant imagine that you are unique in these cases, there are probably millions of them floating around by now.

The most serious breaches of the defamatory laws that one could commit here is that of Lese Majeste. This can carry a prison sentence up to 15 years. But as in your case, unless you have published anything derogatory in the public domain, such as Internet, newspapers etc, there is little chance that the authorities here would be interested in your text message.

If you sent the message from abroad, the police would have a difficult task of proving it was you that sent it. And after a year, I doubt whether your ex wife would have kept the message on her phone.

Unfortunately there are no simple methods of discovering if the police have any warrants out for you. One way is to contact a Thai lawyer who has access to such records, but this is going to cost you.

Quite honestly the odds that you have any problems in Thailand due to your text message are very slim. It is really up to you now whether to visit Thailand or not, but the risk is minimal.

Edited by sassienie

I know. I thought of that one before I wrote the post. Thats why Ive put a 'made-up' username on here. And using a friends laptop to do it! :D)

Hope you didn't forget to wear your tin foil hat while typing. :)

By the way regarding your comment about denying having sent the message.I don't know if you are aware of the fact that a sms message includes the phone number from the sender and that they can trace that back to the user. :D

Don't know if it is you but I heard that they are preparing extra check points at airport immigration for November,something about a guy they sure don't want to escape when entering thailand. :D

Years ago a neighbor of mine got in a fight with his girlfriend about money and he ripped up a 500b note...She called the police they were there in 15 min and they arrested him......He payed a ton of money to get out.

As for you it would be best if the ex does not know you are here. But I really doubt you would have a problem.

She could never prove it was you.

You do sound really down on this place and it's people and this is only natural it would set some of the posters off.

I can remember when you couldnt even write on banknotes ,now all the bank girls do it<what changed.?

Guys like you always suffer from delusions of grandeur, normally when its way too late, and ya hiding in some crappy safe-haven - why would anyone care or be looking for just another stupid, immature motor-mouth drunk - 99% of this community & 100% of Pattaya would be texting outa Cell Block C, instead of the local Cyber Cafe, or a friend's IP - thats real neato. Now he gets blackballed also.

But before the grandeur stage, which is normally brought upon by copious amounts of elcheapo beer, which you know ya can never process successfully - but yet ya persist in doing. every nite - then decide to marry the babe - one can only feel incredibly sorry for all the terrific babes who so wrongly perceive louts like you to be their saviors - their Knight in Shining Armor - what a crock.

At least be man enough not to drag your buddy into the toilet along with your miserable a$ - if they they indeed do have some beef with you - so please stay where you are.

I say old boy, a litle bit over the top id say, having a bad day ?..... :)

Well when I return to Thailand, I wont be going anywhere near my ex-wife. She lives in Huay Khwang, Bangkok. And ill be going to phuket. So Ill be staying well clear of her. So I shouldnt have any problems really????

u really don't know thailand well, do you? :)

all your gf needs is to download your pictures of you and her on the internet and she will have her "friends" trace you like a bloodhound on the internet :D

cyberspace is not alien to these seemingly poor thai girls. in no time time, the tentacles of their grapevines will come full circle around you and you will be in the "bangkok hilton" wishing you never know thailand. :D

these girls have their "connections" like you and me have our thaivisa forums here, et.al. :D

if les majeste were involved, go to the p.i. or bali or penang or vietnam :D