It Truly Is The Land Of Smiles

Clip_My_Wings

staring into the sky one bleary evening (whisky enduced) I noticed for the first time that the crescent of the moon was horizontally shaped .. yeah you guessed it in the shape of smile ... id never noticed that before but all the thais i was with said it was normal ...

anyone else see the smile of the moon in thailand ??? or should i keep off the whisky :o

staring into the sky one bleary evening (whisky enduced) I noticed for the first time that the crescent of the moon was horizontally shaped .. yeah you guessed it in the shape of smile ...  id never noticed that before but all the thais i was with said it was normal ...

anyone else see the smile of the moon in thailand ??? or should i keep off the whisky  :o

Wot moon?

anyone else see the smile of the moon in thailand ??? or should i keep off the whisky :o

Yep, I first noticed it in Ecuador, where it was a 'perfect' smile, not like the slightly wry smile (off kilter...) we can observe in Thailand. Anyway, I think you'll find it has something to do with your proximity to the equator :D

...it has something to do with your proximity to the equatorAre you sure,

I've always thought you can see the moon in the same position on the hole northern part of the earth? Any astronomics here?

Regards, Patex

...it has something to do with your proximity to the equatorAre you sure,

I've always thought you can see the moon in the same position on the hole northern part of the earth? Any astronomics here?

Regards, Patex

I don't have a degree in this but I don't think you have to be an 'astronomic' (whatever one of those is....) to figure this one out. Taking into account the curvature of the earth, surely when observing the moon above the western horizon, (where it is at the moment,) near the equator you must simply tilt your head to the right to gain a more northerly (say U.K) perspective and to the left to gain a more southerly (say N.Z) perspective. So, if you ever feel homesick for a more homely perspective on the moon - simply tilt your head :o