Brown Sticky Rice

Niranut

Will I need to do anything differently when steaming brown sticky rice, as opposed to steaming the white sticky rice?

I usually rinse and soak the white stuff for an hour or so. And then steam it for about 25-30 min. in one of those basket/pot arrangements. Comes out perfect every time.

Anything I need to keep in mind when doing it with brown sticky rice?

Will I need to do anything differently when steaming brown sticky rice, as opposed to steaming the white sticky rice?

I usually rinse and soak the white stuff for an hour or so. And then steam it for about 25-30 min. in one of those basket/pot arrangements. Comes out perfect every time.

Anything I need to keep in mind when doing it with brown sticky rice?

I usually soak it overnight or all day, depending on when I want to cook it. After it is soaked, I cook it in a regular rice cooker the same way as I would regular Thai rice. It takes a little longer to cook than white rice, but the results are very good. If you are going to cook it in the standard basket and pot method used for white sticky rice, you may have to steam it longer than the white stuff. It may take a little experimentation to get the right time. I'd like to hear how it comes out. Good luck