Someone Please Explain The 90 Days With Work Permit

I had my non imm B visa ended when I got a Work permit , I have a new visa which is valid until July of 2010, there is nothing about reporting again before this date, but I have been told by someone that I still have to go to immigration for 90 days for reporting. There was no date in my visa or anywhere else giving me a date to report to Immigration.Is this correct and how do I know the date I have to report. The deperature card and date I have when I entered with the the Non Imm B is surely invalid now because I have a new visa date to leave the country. What are the current rules? :)

You have an extension of stay and if you remain in country 90 days or more you must report to immigration. You use a TM.47 form (pinned useful information at top of forum has links for download). The clock started on the day you applied for your first extension of stay. Further extensions of stay will not reset it but it stops when you leave the country and starts at one the day you return. Depending where you are the report can be done in person, by someone you send or by mail.

You have an extension of stay and if you remain in country 90 days or more you must report to immigration. You use a TM.47 form (pinned useful information at top of forum has links for download). The clock started on the day you applied for your first extension of stay. Further extensions of stay will not reset it but it stops when you leave the country and starts at one the day you return. Depending where you are the report can be done in person, by someone you send or by mail.

Ok , But why was I not told this when I got my new visa? There was nothing said to me or a date in passport whicxh says "leave by" or "Report by" t least with a deperature card you know when you have to leave .

Again - you did not obtain a new visa. You obtained an extension of stay and, perhaps, if you are able to do that they expect you to be able to learn the rules. Some offices will explain; but obviously some do not. Normally an employer will provide such information to a new employee. If you check the Immigration web sites you will find it there. Once you make your first report using the TM47 you will have a receipt with a report date that you can keep in your passport for reminder.