Lanna Ox Cart

rebo

A drawing would simply be much more easy. And I'm quite sure that somewhere in a Thai University something like this exists. Or a Thai book about ancient agriculture ...? No need to be in English; Thai would be helpful as well.

Looking for a blueprint with dimensions may be more than difficult to find. This is based on the ones I have seen in villages and those which were dismantled to make furniture etc. the parts/components are not the same size from cart to cart. We have several pieces of furniture made from carts, the spokes, hubs wheel rims etc are not uniform in dimensions.

Looking for a blueprint with dimensions may be more than difficult to find. This is based on the ones I have seen in villages and those which were dismantled to make furniture etc. the parts/components are not the same size from cart to cart. We have several pieces of furniture made from carts, the spokes, hubs wheel rims etc are not uniform in dimensions.

Of course I’m not expecting a uniform “Volkswagen”; according to old people’s sayings there were professional cart makers in almost every village, and everybody of them had somehow his own individual style but they all followed more or less the classic regional pattern. I remember that I saw drawings of various main styles (Lanna, Isan, …) incl. dimensions (just as I’m now looking for) about 10 years ago at the agricultural museum section of “Mueang Boran” in Bangkok.

Now here's an idea.........Look at this picture and assume the wheels are 1.2 metres (4 feet) in diameter and make your own drawing or design. They ain't rockets.

255957993_e06fb1a9fb.jpg

Thanks BB,

for the really nice picture. Where did you take it? It seems to be exactly the kind of cart I'm interested in. From my already collected information it looks like Nan/Prae style. Unfortunately it's impossible (at least for me) to build such a cart authenticly only from pictures (as nice as they may look); too many details are not visible.

To make my own detailed drawing from a real cart would take me about 3 days (including disassembly of some sections), this is what I wanted to reduce by my post.

To travel to BKK to Mueang Boran would take me ...

You understand --- I try to use TV forum to minimize my effort. I guess this is a part of what a forum is made for, หรือ ...