More Bad News For Phuket Etc

booma

The BBC has just broadcast an item saying 'Scientists researching the earthquake that caused the Asian Tsunami, have reported that there is a high chance of another quake'

This was just popped in at the end of the bulletin.

I'll try and find the link!

I have seen the same news on Danish TV, they probably got it from the BBC, or perhaps from CNN, the two stations which has done the most scare people off a visit to Phuket :o

It was our budget day broadcast in which they also put another 7p on ciggies, that means most shops around here will put on at least 15p, more reason to come to Thailland. I'm still on my way. :D

The BBC has just broadcast an item saying 'Scientists researching the earthquake that caused the Asian Tsunami, have reported that there is a high chance of another quake'

These "Scientists" are from an "Irish" university so think what you will!! :o:D

These "Scientists" are from an "Irish" university so think what you will!! :o:D

Charity today man. It is after all St Paddy's day :D

Certainly a wake-up call, for its staggering just how fast the tsunami has become a 'non-story'.

I hope the Thai Meterological office does not respond in a dismissive way and realizes that it is now critical that a real warning system is put in place quickly, rather than lots of political chit-chat resulting in a system that looks good but does not function.

Phuket is one more unlucky incident away from becoming a non-resort - that may be a bomb or a natural disaster. The tourism industry is that competitive and that sensitive.

Posted Today, 2005-03-17 10:00:25

QUOTE(booma @ 2005-03-17 02:03:03)

These "Scientists" are from an "Irish" university so think what you will!!

MonsieurHappy,

I think that you are a petty minded "gobshite",

Slainte

Edited by mickmac

Posted Today, 2005-03-17 10:00:25

MonsieurHappy, 

I think that you are a petty minded "gobshite",

Slainte

moderater !moderater!mickmacs being rude !!

Hi, Quite an interesting article.

It can be found on the following page:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4354217.stm

I just hope that there in a warning system in place, after all you cannot trust the relevent agencies to do the right thing, after all it might hurt the tourist trade.

Like will the seismologists at Yellowstone National Park and the government warn the USA and the rest of the World if that huge magma deposit under the park there, is going to erupt with the posibility of a supervolcano occuring. Who knows that thing could be erupting now and we could know <deleted> all about it

• 2 weeks later...
monsieurhappy Posted 2005-03-17 10:00:25

I think they got it right!!!