Children Visa

eutin45

German father of child born in Thailand (with Thai wife). Child has German passport and Thai birth certificate. Want to leave with child for holiday in Bali without the wife. I have 1 year married Visa. Can I leave with the child (which does not have any entry stamp in German passport) or is other paperwork needed? Do I need to take birth certificate to the airport? Please someone advise.

German father of child born in Thailand (with Thai wife). Child has German passport and Thai birth certificate. Want to leave with child for holiday in Bali without the wife. I have 1 year married Visa. Can I leave with the child (which does not have any entry stamp in German passport) or is other paperwork needed? Do I need to take birth certificate to the airport? Please someone advise.

Don't recommend this - taking him / her out on the German passport as they will need a visa when they return & forever after will need to apply for annual visas as a farang. Get a Thai passport & take your child out & back in on a Thai passport! Use the German passport going into Indo if you want, but use the Thai one for here.

Edited by davidgtr

Don't recommend this - taking him / her out on the German passport as they will need a visa when they return & forever after will need to apply for annual visas as a farang. Get a Thai passport & take your child out & back in on a Thai passport! Use the German passport going into Indo if you want, but use the Thai one for here.

Sounds like very good advice David. I endorse what you have said.

This is exactly what we do. Our kids weren't born in Thailand, but their mother was and is a Thai citizen and hence so are they. It was a big hassle to get their Thai passports done in HK, but when it came time for renewal here in CM, it was no hassle at all.