Good Hearty Breakfast

lorddaverichards

Hi

Am coming down to Patts in a couple of weeks and a few days r&r away from Bangkok with the missus. One of my usual treats is to go for a english breakfast with all the trimmings. Can someone reccomend good places in Patts that are 1) value for money i.e costs and 2) quality 3) where they are and are they all day breakfasts or only to a certain time.

Many thanks

Dave

Am coming down to Patts in a couple of weeks and a few days r&r away from Bangkok with the missus. One of my usual treats is to go for a english breakfast with all the trimmings. Can someone reccomend good places in Patts that are 1) value for money i.e costs and 2) quality 3) where they are and are they all day breakfasts or only to a certain time.

If you are just coming to Pattaya for a few days R & R then you might as well aim for the best;

The Sportsman's (Central Pattaya Soi 13)

Tropical Bert's (Central Pattaya Soi 6.1)

You could also do a search on Thai Visa, because there are lots of Pattaya Breakfast threads.

Edited by syd barrett

Hi

Many thanks

Dave

There are numerous places serving a "Good Hearty Breakfast."

So, don't worry, you won't go hungry!

just to add my three bahts worth.....

the best value breakfast in Pattaya is to be had at the Nags Head.

Its on second road near the Avenue Shopping centre.

Its available all day and at 78 baht is excellent value for money.

And no, I do not own the place and I've never met the owner (jing-jing)

I'm just a happy puppy who goes there just about every sunday.

Edited by afalang

The Nags Head breakfast for 78 baht (English or American) is an 'OK' buget breakfast in Pattaya, however for value breakfasts nearby (within 200 yards) there is 'The Boat Bakery' on the same side of 2nd Road and 'Kiss' on the same side of 2nd Road, then of course there is 'Little Wonder' which offers a very good breakfast (better than the other three IMHO).

'Little Wonder' is at the bottom of the shopping arcade opposite Mikes Mall. The only problem is, it doesn't open until 10.00am so you might be kicking the door if you have a real hunger on.

post-4408-1252920723_thumb.jpg

Caddy Shack (130 baht for the big breaky inc toast, tea etc and you can order great black puddings as an extra) or Tropical Berts for me.... Pig and Whistle has gone way down hill for breakfasts in my recent experience. Places such as Nags Head or Boat etc could not be classed as 'Good Hearty Breakfast' locations... IMHO.

BD

pig and whistle Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 7 is the best grub in town! and the roast they do is fantastic! shame about some of the staff are a bit grumpy but other than that its fab! :D

Cant disagree with you there about the staff, yeah quite a bit grumpy some of them, but may I also add that the owner seems to have his head up his arse IMO , not the freindliest at times, have been going there for years and yes the food is good and I'm quite happy to pay the prices they charge.

A place I also use is the Little Wonder Cafe in the shopping arcade directly opposite Mikes Shopping Mall on Second Road, next door to the Diane Inn on Soi Diane, good food at reasonable prices , good bacon and sausages, bubble is good, and the eggs are exellent IMO, tea in a mug and real english bread to dip into your yolk, puts a smile on my face, owner seems a little miserable at times though, he could try and be a bit more freindly to customers but seems to just bury his head in a newspaper and drink mugs of tea or coffee, maybe he's getting a hard time from his Thai partner... :)

The Seasider Restaurent on Soi Chaiyapoon (off Soi Bouakow / 3rd Road)

Its not posh but the food and service is excellent and it is clean - can sit outside or inside with Air con.

English Sausage, Eggs, Bacon (real Bacon not Ham), Fried Tomatoes, Fried Potato's, Toast, Butter, Jam, Tea or coffee, Fruit Juice. HP Sauce :)

100 bt.

pig and whistle Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 7 is the best grub in town! and the roast they do is fantastic! shame about some of the staff are a bit grumpy but other than that its fab! :D

A place I also use is the Little Wonder Cafe in the shopping arcade directly opposite Mikes Shopping Mall on Second Road, next door to the Diane Inn on Soi Diane, good food at reasonable prices , good bacon and sausages, bubble is good, and the eggs are exellent IMO, tea in a mug and real english bread to dip into your yolk, puts a smile on my face, owner seems a little miserable at times though, he could try and be a bit more freindly to customers but seems to just bury his head in a newspaper and drink mugs of tea or coffee, maybe he's getting a hard time from his Thai partner... :)

Agreed! The Little Wonder serves a good breakfast, the only problem is, they don't open until 10.00 am, so as a result I ususally end up at 'Kiss'. However they are recommended, I just ignore Peter, the grumpy farang boss.

Value at 110 Baht with real Tetley Tea.

Edited by syd barrett

• 1 month later...

Update: Monday 2nd November 2009

The breakfast at the Nags Head now costs 85 baht, however I still feel that it represents good value for money even though I was thoroughly shocked by this unexpected 9% price increase.

Rosie O'Gradys - Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 7. Serve beer with a fry up and the daily newspapers as well.
Rosie O'Gradys does a perfectly good breakfast but any establishment posing as an "Oirish" bar should know better than to put "full English breakfast" on the menu.

Shennanigans is good too.

Hi

Many thanks

Dave

Chesters, just over the railway bridge on Soi NungPlabwan

best sausages in town! (or out of town in this case....)

...what the English call a breakfast...a piece of bread fried in oil, a couple fatty sausages, eggs, and tinned baked beans and roasted tomatoes...<deleted> :)

A good English breakfast has never done me any harm, in fact I've had one every day for the last 40 years. (When I was a baby it was liquidised).

Look at the nutritional value of a typical English breakfast:

Eggs

Bacon

Sausage

Baked Beans

Black Puddings

Tomato

Mushrooms

Fried Bread

Hash Browns

Kidneys

HP Brown Sauce

Toast

Butter/Marmalade

Large mug of tea

Recent reports say that the alternative (cereal and milk) is high in fat, high in sugar and high in salt.

Edited by syd barrett

Rosie O'Gradys - Pattaya Beach Road, Soi 7. Serve beer with a fry up and the daily newspapers as well.
Rosie O'Gradys does a perfectly good breakfast but any establishment posing as an "Oirish" bar should know better than to put "full English breakfast" on the menu.

Shennanigans is good too.

:D how to eliminate 90 % of Irish customers .... Its not as if there is a difference between Irish and English breakfasts....

Anyway, there seems to be a Pattaya breakfast thread every month... why don't the mods pin it or open a subforum :)

Went to the Nag's head yesterday, breakfast was a bit titchy for a growing lad, coffee refill, 40 baht.

I have given up at the 'Nags Head' as well.

Walk 178 yards along and eat at Kiss on the corner of Soi Diana or else walk into the Diana arcade and eat at 'Little Wonder' breakfast restaurant.

Both serve better breakfasts than the overpriced and mean portioned 'Nags Head'.

As an alternative, walk back the other way, on the same side of 2nd Road and check out the 'Boat Bakery' for an acceptable and cheap English Breakfast.