Phuket To Laos

loubrockbank

Sorry if this is in the wrong place..

In November I need a new visa, going to try Laos for a tourist visa before going back to UK next year and getting another O. however...would really prefer to fly and have never been to Laos before or had this specific type of visa. Does anyone know of , or actually dealt with a visa run service who does this run via air specifically from here?

Had a look on the net and i can find providers from pattaya, bangkok..but not phuket

I dont fancy a lengthy bus journey makes me so sick even going to burma :) I know its a little while away yet just need to be prepared...thanks

my visa runs out in november with no entries left as ive just doen my last border run, i now want tourist visa from laos - this will be my first one, only need it for 3 months then i will be visiting the UK next year so will get my non o from hull when im there. From reading the forum I see I can get a tourist visa from laos, as long as im not working on the visa, so this is perfect for me..thats why im going there :)

Yahooka, been trying to find flights online last night but to be honest flying from phuket> BKK> Laos was rather expensive for me ...saying that I only found flights with thai airways and I do need to look at more airlines.

could try flying to udon ...the reason i asked re a visa run service is this is my first trip to laos and for this type pf visa, im 24 lady (not that that matters) but i would feel more comfortable with a group or having a little guidance, if there is no such service available for this the so be it , Im sure it'll be an experience just thought no harm is seeing :D

thanks

If you have more time than money, you can take the train from Bangkok to Nong Khai. You can then take another short train ride into Laos where you can clear Laos immigration and pay for your visa on arrival. You can then take a short bus ride to Vientiane. I think that Second Class Air Con trains are quite safe for single women, also comfortable and you save the price of a hotel room for the night.

In November I need a new visa, going to try Laos for a tourist visa before going back to UK next year and getting another O. however...would really prefer to fly and have never been to Laos before or had this specific type of visa. Does anyone know of , or actually dealt with a visa run service who does this run via air specifically from here?

Had a look on the net and i can find providers from pattaya, bangkok..but not phuket

I dont fancy a lengthy bus journey makes me so sick even going to burma :) I know its a little while away yet just need to be prepared...thanks

Air Asia to Kuala Lumpur, 2500 baht r/t. 2 nights in Chinatown 1600 baht. 60 days touristvisa free. Extend 30 days at Phuket immigration for 1900 baht.90 days :D [

katabeachbum..thanks soo much that really helps, didnt think I could go to KL for some reason for that specific visa, always thought i would have to go to laos :) but that helps alot so thanks again :D

jdean thanks also..if for some reason i dont to to kl then will try your suggestion... :D

Alternative thinl Penang as other said or Kuala Lumpur direct flight from Phuket.

I scare night trips in Bus in Thailand; but instead you can take train from Surat Thani to Vientiane (train go now Nong Kai - VT too).

Instead Laos (often crowded on border and Embassy) why not try Ha Noi / Vietnam?

With Air Asia have since today very interesting promotion; you fly Phuket - BKK - Hanoi. If not in a hurry you can make a one day Ha Long Bay trip too. Embassy in Hanoi seldom crowded, compare with Laos much more interesting town with excellent shopping possibilities and near 20 $ nice Hotels in the Old town between Market Hall and nice 2 Lake. If you need more info ask back.