Gprs On Notebook

stats

hello again to everyone...I have been using the AIS GPRS for about 2 months now..using it to my notebook from my nokia 6230 cell phone...

Well i just wanna know why is the conection really bad sometimes and that it automaticly disconected without giving any alert... the small pair of monitor light doesnt lit up and its not loading or unloading and the pages cant be display...but the GPRS connection is still there i mean the small G icon on the phone,...

So any1 have any experience like this ?? page cant be display after 10 min of usage???

ive been getting this problem frequently now

Is there anything wrong with my notebook setting or the Provider is at fault??

thank you all

tytus

yeah its driving me crazy.... i discovered that if i just let the connection idle for about 10 to 20 mins it seems that i cant view any website anymore but the small monitor on the bottom right of the screen is not disconected... well i think AIS network reallly got a problem.... this week i called the Customer service 4 times to check the problem according to the lovely lady on the phone the network is experiencing problem and that their tech are doing their best to restore the service.... every 3 or 4 hours a day surely they have a network problem...and its getting me mad ... i think ill change to DTAC soon.....

It's pretty bad. A friend told me - about 9 months ago - that they had a bandwidth problem and had 'plans' to fix it it. Same friend also said 'but don't hold your breath'.

I quite like the AIS customer service, but I get pretty pissed off that they won't admit to the problem and are still peddling their standard blow-off responses:

i) Have you tried rebooting your phone ?

ii) There might be too many people accessing GPRS in your cell right now.

Even more annoying is when having exhausted all plausible excuses, they hang up in your face!

Hi Tytus

I have had this problem and I found that before logging on if you go to menu, services, clear the cache OK it clears the problem a lot of the time.

I also use a Nokia 6100 and a genuine Nokia DKU5 data cable.

Sometimes I go into the laptop on control panel, add remove programs, Nokia connectivity cable, remove , and reload that it usually works very well for a long while.

I hope this helps.

billd766

Yeah guys ive got the same problem too.... Things that i did for the GPRS to be ok again is

1) clear my chache on the phone

2)restart the phone

3)clear my temp internet files and cokies

4)reboot my system

After doing all this the GPRS is working again... But after awhile lets say 1 or 2 hours the same problem comes back...

YEah im using dku-5 cable too...

And well the network is so bad that everytime the problem occurs it makes me mad when im on the middle of composing an inportant email

So now i know that im not the only 1 that is having this difficulty