Restaurants To Try?

Lost in LOS

I live in Pattaya full time and go to Bangkok a few days a month. I would like to try some new restaurants. Something medium priced, and good. Say a french, Italian etc. I can find my own Thai ones in the daytime but I would like to go out for a nice comfortable dinner each night in a local restaurant. A thai friend suggested Paisano - Soi Luansuan and

Lyon - Soi Romrudee but Thai tastes for farang food are always the same. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am staying near Nana but can use the sky train but dont want to travel too far.

I live in Pattaya full time and go to Bangkok a few days a month. I would like to try some new restaurants. Something medium priced, and good. Say a french, Italian etc. I can find my own Thai ones in the daytime but I would like to go out for a nice comfortable dinner each night in a local restaurant. A thai friend suggested Paisano - Soi Luansuan and

Lyon - Soi Romrudee but Thai tastes for farang food are always the same. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I am staying near Nana but can use the sky train but dont want to travel too far.

Using those words, picturing it in your head is amazingly funny

I don't want to travel across town for dinner, there should be plenty of choices within a few train stops.

Staying near Nana since it has very good access to sky-train, shopping centers and night life

medium priced as I don't need a high end restaurant, I just want good food without paying tourist prices. If you would like some recommendations in Pattaya I will be glad to help you, unlike your response, I am glad I entertained you.

I stopped in the Landmark Hotel steak house on the top floor last time for a good steak dinner, due to advertising, only drank water and the bill was 3k and I have had better dinners for 500 baht, thank you.

Thanks MickyM for your suggestion, sounds good.

I don't want to travel across town for dinner, there should be plenty of choices within a few train stops.

Staying near Nana since it has very good access to sky-train, shopping centers and night life

medium priced as I don't need a high end restaurant, I just want good food without paying tourist prices. If you would like some recommendations in Pattaya I will be glad to help you, unlike your response, I am glad I entertained you.

I stopped in the Landmark Hotel steak house on the top floor last time for a good steak dinner, due to advertising, only drank water and the bill was 3k and I have had better dinners for 500 baht, thank you.

Mate, give us your preferred cuisines then we can give you a good list.

Mate, give us your preferred cuisines then we can give you a good list.

Mexican

Italian

French

Continental

A place to get a good salad for lunch

I like most food and can get it in Pattaya although here I eat mainly Thai. I am just looking for some comfortable restaurants with good food. The few places I have been have been very stuffy, expensive and food just okay. I get that on my yearly visit to the west. I can afford to eat anywhere but I am not looking for fancy restaurants but comfortable ones with good food. Thanks for the interest.

Mex - Talcos and Salsa up near emporium near soi 22 : vist the western food section on TV for more info.

Italian - recently went (and thoroughly enjoyed) Rossano's on Suk 19 as it turns the corner to Asok, not cheap but very good.

French - farangset friends of mine speak of another good French restuarant on Soi 19 at the Sofitel, name escapes me.

Continental - too many to choose from - at the Landmark I do eat regularly at the outdoor patio - great lunch special monday to friday.

Mex - Talcos and Salsa up near emporium near soi 22 : vist the western food section on TV for more info.

Italian - recently went (and thoroughly enjoyed) Rossano's on Suk 19 as it turns the corner to Asok, not cheap but very good.

French - farangset friends of mine speak of another good French restuarant on Soi 19 at the Sofitel, name escapes me.

Continental - too many to choose from - at the Landmark I do eat regularly at the outdoor patio - great lunch special monday to friday.

thanks James

will be checking them out

Mex - try Coyote. You can find them on the web. One off Silom and one on Suk (around 33). Very good Tex-Mex considering you're in Bangkok.

I don't remember the name but I went to an Italian in Siam Paragon once, not the food basement, but first floor to the back there are a few places. It was pretty good - and quiet.