News From Buririm - Oktoberfest ?

fishbone

Oktoberfest is a German piss up held in October, it's origin is from Munich, Germany.

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/

There must be a fair population of Germans in Buriram, nope don't know any of these folks.

September actually,This year 19th Sept-2nd Oct............................it's on your link as well.

Edited by farangconnection

Do not know about Ocotberfestival in Buri Ram but I know about the Octoberfestival in Chiang Mai this year.

Takes place 17th of October in Rati Lanna Riverside Spa Resort from 1.30 pm to midnight.

Dr. Ajarn Yingsak Jongerltiesdawong the TV showmaster and cook will be live present on stage.

Octoberfestival or Oktoberfest to answer the question, is the annual marriage celebration of

Prince Ludwig the I of Bavaria, Germany and Princess Theresia of Saxonia Hilburghausen.

They married the 18th of October 1810. Each year since that time at the end of september to beginning of october the province

of Bavaria, Germany, helds the festival at Munichs, Theresienwiesn. Which is a meadow area named after the princess Theresia.

@ the gay with piss off language - your intelligence is shown due to the words you use.

May be go to school again to improve.

Regards Zappergeck

Wow I am a lot smarter now since you gave us all the history but being German born all I know is the Octoberfest is a ripp off and only designed for tourists and the beer is utter crap :)

I have always wanted to try the DARK Beer Lao, anyone know if they will have that?

Might be worth a trip over to Buririm :)

Dave

I hope so :D

I will stop in this afternoon and ask .......stay tuned :D

Is that the German Beer place on ''The Lake'' in the city of Buriram?? I think the lake was probably part of the old moat.

If not, I don't know where it is. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

I have always wanted to try the DARK Beer Lao, anyone know if they will have that?

Might be worth a trip over to Buririm :)

Dave

I hope so :D

I will stop in this afternoon and ask .......stay tuned :D

Is that the German Beer place on ''The Lake'' in the city of Buriram?? I think the lake was probably part of the old moat.

If not, I don't know where it is. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Das is the one jombom :D

Nice idea. :D

Can see some information about Buriram and the "Farang Food Paradise" in the local Buriram Expats website.

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.p...pic,576.15.html

Prost! :D

I see they are now doing Thai beers :)

TBWG :D

Apparently so Dave....but only LEO and TIGER.

The BEER LAO is for special occasions ?

No Archa......and NO PEACH TEA :D You will still have to go to Rockys for your hit of that :D

Nice idea. :D

Prost! :D

I see they are now doing Thai beers :D

Apparently so Dave....but only LEO and TIGER.

The BEER LAO is for special occasions ?

No Archa......and NO PEACH TEA :D You will still have to go to Rockys for your hit of that :D

Thai Chi, thats good of you to offer to buy me a few beers, just leave them behind the bar and I will consume next time I am passing, :) which incidentally won't be long now!

So hope Rocky is stocked up on my fav!!

TBWG....Plenty of stock of "Peach Tea" at Rockys...he got in a 44 gallon drum just for you :):D

I will certainly keep a few Beer Laos for you. Might be recycled by the time you get back.......but should still taste alright :D

I will certainly keep a few Beer Laos for you. Might be recycled by the time you get back.......but should still taste alright :)

Yes, he will probably think its Archa beer :D

Funny you should mention that Dave....there are beers in Australia that are quite often refered to as horses piss as well :D

So are any of the Surin lads heading to the OctoberFest?

Not sure, Dave

A few are heading back home and (I think) a fair few will be attending the next Surinfarang.com get-together at Ludo's TimeOut Sunday jamming session on 4th October.

I will see if anyone wants to hop over to see you all in Buriram.

It sounds llike a good idea to me !

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Not sure, Dave

A few are heading back home and (I think) a fair few will be attending the next Surinfarang.com get-together at Ludo's TimeOut Sunday jamming session on 4th October.

Dave

No problems Dave. If you dont make it, I am sure we will all catch up sooner or later :)

Hope to get to TimeOut one of these days soon. Heard nothing but good reports from there.

Not sure, Dave

Dave

No problems Dave. If you dont make it, I am sure we will all catch up sooner or later :D

Hope to get to TimeOut one of these days soon. Heard nothing but good reports from there.

Hello Dave & Dave

Look forward to seeing you soon

Dave :)