Road Traffic Accident

thewhites1212

I have a freind who had a accident over the weekend at 11.30am he hit a bike and got arrested.He says he hasnt been charged or taken too court

However they have taken his passport and driving license.He stated he blew into a breathliser 4 times and he thought hed passed, however the police even though they were not sure how to use the breathliser they insisted on blood test. he took a blood test reluctanly after being forced and handcuffed.

Next day he went to police station and they said he was drunk, but hes had no indication on what limit he was over and he hasnt seen a hospoital report as yet! They were more interested in getting him to sign a statement that he will pay for the lads hospital charges and bike.Even though hes insured via his rental car and then a suzuki insurance rep turned up and got him to sign an insurance form.

Still no charge for a drink driving offence

He doesnt mind paying for the hospital bill or the motorbike as he accepts full responsibility and hes even prepared to give the lad some compo for the ACCIDENT.

He has to go toom a different police station today for what he doesnt know, but he feels it may be too sort the payment out to the lad.How much should he offer?

The lad from all accounts stayed in hospital for concussion and to be checked over which is understandable

However he his bothered that things are not going in one direction and that he may get blacklisted and charged with drink driving as he was out the night before and it was a big night. but he had slept inbetween.

Any advise please would be appreciated

Tell your friend not to offer anything. Wait and see what they "request" from him. If it is unreasonable have your friend contact an attorney to sort it out. i know someone who was in an accident and the guy died. Family wanted a very large sum for compensation .The case is still going back and forth in the courts a year later, as both parties cannot agree on a settlement. Good Luck!

True what one member said.

Do not sign anything before there is a lawyer/translator present.

But it is common that if a car and a bike are involved in an accident, the car owner will get the blame.

Happened to a Thai friend of mine 3 weeks ago.

He was driving in Pattaya area, and out from a soi comes a bike, strait infront of him, and he hit the bike doing Prox 80 Km/h.

His fault, nothing to discuss.

He was sober.

He had to pay for repairs of the bike, and the other person's hospital expences.

True what one member said.

Do not sign anything before there is a lawyer/translator present.

But it is common that if a car and a bike are involved in an accident, the car owner will get the blame.

Happened to a Thai friend of mine 3 weeks ago.

He was driving in Pattaya area, and out from a soi comes a bike, strait infront of him, and he hit the bike doing Prox 80 Km/h.

His fault, nothing to discuss.

He was sober.

He had to pay for repairs of the bike, and the other person's hospital expences.

Lots of times we complain about Thai people who try to get away from their responsibility and so on and so on. I think your friend need to own up to his responsibility and do what is right especially if he was drinking.

Lots of times we complain about Thai people who try to get away from their responsibility and so on and so on. I think your friend need to own up to his responsibility and do what is right especially if he was drinking.

Are you responding to Travel, or the OP, if the former, Travel states he was sober and if the latter, I read it that he was taking responsibility, just unsure of what procedure was being carried out at the moment?