Looking For A Good Private Hospital In Bangkok

marc69

Generally people hold Bumrungrad and Samitijev to be the best ones and naturally the most expensive ones.

Been using Bumrungrad myself and no complains so far all good.

Both are in Sukhumvit but others might have references to places closer to your area.

Generally people hold Bumrungrad and Samitijev to be the best ones and naturally the most expensive ones.

Been using Bumrungrad myself and no complains so far all good.

Both are in Sukhumvit but others might have references to places closer to your area.

Same here.

Have been using both, for my check up.

Still remember first impression when I came to Bumrungrad.

What is this? A 5 star hotel?

Impressive entrance.

Not to talk about the dining opportunitites.

Of course, I have not been to any other hospitals outside my home country, so I would not know if this is the regular private hospital standard.

Back to subject.

Yes, agree about the 2 mentioned hospitals.

I have never used either of the hospitals mentioned in the above posts but have always heard they are good. For myself, I always use Bangkok Nursing Home (BNH) on Soi Convent. It was the hospital of choice for the Aussie Embassy when I worked there and I had laposcropic surgery there for a hiatus hernia as well as treatment for pnumonia and a collapsed lung. So three separate stints as an inpatient and numerous visits as an outpatient have made me a fan of BNH. Most of the staff speak good English and the medical professionals were mostly trained in UK. USA or Australia.

MJo, Travel2003 and midasthailand: many thanks for the info.

Could you please let me know what would roughly be the cost for check ups at Bumrungrad?

Dont remember.

Expensive for Thailand, but dirt cheap from what Im used to where Im from.

I have found a list of hospitals in Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Bangkok) but I really don't have any idea which ones are good. I do not speak Thai and need to do some check ups in a good hospital. I stay at Ratchada/Sutthisan and would prefer a hospital not too far away from my place. Thanks.

It pays to shop. Bumrungrad and BKK Hospital are nice but expensive - check out some of the neighborhood hospitals such as Ramkhanhang.

MJ

I have found a list of hospitals in Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Bangkok) but I really don't have any idea which ones are good. I do not speak Thai and need to do some check ups in a good hospital. I stay at Ratchada/Sutthisan and would prefer a hospital not too far away from my place. Thanks.

Phayathai 2 near to Soi 3 of Phahonyothin road, and Paolo near to intersection of Suttisarn and Phahonyothin road.

It pays to shop. Bumrungrad and BKK Hospital are nice but expensive - check out some of the neighborhood hospitals such as Ramkhanhang.

MJ

If you have time...Chulalongkhorn is ok..

Thanks to all for very useful information.

Let me add that I went to Bumrungrad today. This was my first contact with any hospital in Thailand and I have to say that I was impressed by their service. The whole thing including registration, seeing the doctor, the tests and results took about one and half hour all together. In my home country in Europe I would have to wait several days to get an appointment and it would have cost me at least 4-5 times more than what I paid here.