Question Regarding Multi Entry Visa

Hi,

Noob Q here.

I'm 28 Australian citizen and I'd like to live in Thailand for a year just staying with my Thai GF.

I need to apply for Multi entry Visa I assume or Is it possible to apply and obtain a 1 year visa where I don't have to border hop all the time (this would be ideal)?

Here is what's Quoted on the Bris consul website.

'Enables a 90-day stay. For business, professional education or other non-tourism purposes. A letter from employer, copy of the company’s registration certified by authorized director(s). Or a letter from educational institute must be submitted. For Non-Immigrant Visa (Business Visa for Teacher and Volunteer Teacher), the applicants must provide a National Police Certificate or a current Blue Card.'

Is my application likely to be rejected? I mean, I don't really qualify for any of the above. I just want to go over and live there pretty much... Have others been in similar situation, does it matter or do you have to be a little creative on the application.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Suggest you apply at Thai consulate in Brisbane (or Perth) for 12 month multi-entry Non Immigrant O visa for the purpose of visiting friends. There are many reports on this forum of these consulates being helpful. On entry you will get a 90 day permission to stay and then you will have to do a border run (there is no way around that, it is written into the Immigration Act). On re-entry you will get another 90 day stay. Do a border run just before your visa expires and you will get a further 90 days permission to stay, effectively stretching the visa to 15 months.

Edited by thaiphoon

Hi,

Noob Q here.

I'm 28 Australian citizen and I'd like to live in Thailand for a year just staying with my Thai GF.

I need to apply for Multi entry Visa I assume or Is it possible to apply and obtain a 1 year visa where I don't have to border hop all the time (this would be ideal)?

Here is what's Quoted on the Bris consul website.

'Enables a 90-day stay. For business, professional education or other non-tourism purposes. A letter from employer, copy of the company's registration certified by authorized director(s). Or a letter from educational institute must be submitted. For Non-Immigrant Visa (Business Visa for Teacher and Volunteer Teacher), the applicants must provide a National Police Certificate or a current Blue Card.'

Is my application likely to be rejected? I mean, I don't really qualify for any of the above. I just want to go over and live there pretty much... Have others been in similar situation, does it matter or do you have to be a little creative on the application.

Any help greatly appreciated.

If you live in the area, just front up to the Brisbane Thai Consulate at Wooloongabba. Tell them what you want and i am sure they will help you, they always have done for me, really nice people there. :)