Ubc Asn Channel

track61

Does anyone out there have ASN and if so, did you see with your own eyes the coverage they provided for the NFL Sunday and Monday night games??? Were they live or taped? Did they show both Sunday night games? Thank you.

The brief answer to your question is that both live and replayed broadcasts of NFL games are available on ASN. You can see this FANTASTIC new network, ASN, discussed at length in this thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/American-Foo...87#entry3015287

For fans of American sports, it is the best thing to ever happen to Asian TV. It's based in Hong Kong, and, thankfully, TrueVisions has purchased access to it. It's available in either the Silver or Platinum TrueVisions packages. (Don't ask me why not in Gold. We've all been mystified by that!)

Content includes, or will include, in season: NFL football, NCAA football, NHL hockey, NBA basketball, NASCAR, and some less popular American sports such as college gymnastics, college wrestling, professional bull riding, surfing, and others.

TrueVisions continues to provide 24/7/365 coverage of soccer on several channels. That's great for fans of that sport. Now, fans of American sports have one channel that gives them a taste of home.

ESPN, by the way, continues to cover MLB, as well as some NCAA football, mixed in with its international sports menu.

Check out http://www.truevisionstv.com/ sign in and get all the info you need. But the site "sucks". Very slow uploading and downloading. They do however respond quickly to questions asked. You can search for the games and create a calender for yourself. That a feat within itself!

Generally, all games are transmitted live but with a 14+ hour time difference. There are several exceptions to this. A day game is usually at 0100 -0300 to be seen live. Evening games start 0600 and later. They rebroadcast games over and over and on different dates. Colleges games are another issue. With so many games going on you can't possibly broadcast them all but at least you do see most of them. If you can stand the constant repetitious "sport films" during the breaks! Gets old fast.

But check the schedule on their website. Its also not accurate and changes occasionally.

ASN is the single best thing to happen to Thai television since I've been in Asia. The channel is amazing and even better than marketed.

What I can't believe is that ASN hasn't gone to every English speaking household and marketed the hel_l out of this channel. Some of my friends still don't understand its existence or the unbelievable quality of programming (live broadcasts).

ASN is like ESPN was in 1979 in its inception with Tom Meese. And like I did then, I find myself watching odd sports just because they're on. Surprisingly (and because I'm in Thailand), I'll find myself watching odd stuff like Big Ten wrestling and not even wanting to change the channel.

So is the sound on channel 40always screwed up during live broadcasts? It probably wouldn't be UBC it is wasn't.

In a word, YES! I've written to them a few times about their failure to equalize the audio levels between broadcast programs, and the promos they run during breaks. In many cases, the audio on the program is very low. It's necessary to turn up the volume to hear it. Then, when the promos come on ("CTF2 PRESENTS..."!!), they BLAST YOU OUT OF YOUR SEAT, until you lunge for the remote, and hit the 'Mute' button!.

Like most American sports fans here, I LOVE ASN!! But their failure to monitor and control this audio problem is very irritating. It might help if everybody sent them a POLITE request to correct this situation. But don't forget to include a big "THANK YOU!" for their overall programming. They need to know that we are watching, and appreciating, what they've done for American sports fans in Asia!!

ASN is the single best thing to happen to Thai television since I've been in Asia. The channel is amazing and even better than marketed.

What I can't believe is that ASN hasn't gone to every English speaking household and marketed the hel_l out of this channel. Some of my friends still don't understand its existence or the unbelievable quality of programming (live broadcasts).

ASN is like ESPN was in 1979 in its inception with Tom Meese. And like I did then, I find myself watching odd sports just because they're on. Surprisingly (and because I'm in Thailand), I'll find myself watching odd stuff like Big Ten wrestling and not even wanting to change the channel.

I want to again ask that everybody provide feedback to TrueVisions about our appreciation of ASN. Positive feedback IS IMPORTANT! We have to provide as much of it as possible to try to ensure that TrueVisions continues to pay the fee for carrying the network. Remember that, at the same time that they added ASN, they dropped an entertainment channel that was very popular with many Brits here ("BBC Entertainment", I think). We have ASN now. There's no guarantee that it will be there forever. If ASN raises the license fee next year, TrueVisions could drop it. Lots of positive customer feedback can help minimize that possibility.

PLEASE WRITE TO TRUEVISIONS TO SUPPORT ASN! The email address is: [email protected]

some of us are still trying to swallow the bitter pill of losing UEFA Champions League coverage/replay.

C'mon, Man, seriously. There's soccer on 24/7 here, spread across several channels. There are so many different "leagues" and "championships", I don't know how you can keep track of them without a computer.

American professional football has one league, the NFL. There is one championship per year, the Super Bowl. That's why NFL fans are so hungry for it; and why we felt so deprived with the minimal coverage we had been getting from Thai TV for so many years. Now we have one new network (out of Hong Kong, by the way), that's feeding our hunger. It's about time!

If you were raised as a soccer fan, I fully understand your love for the game. But, as I said, it's not like you've barely got any to watch.

I of cause have Trues gold package figured it were enough when I signed up a couple of months ago since the only sports channel I would miss out on were ASN :s

Don't want to upgrade since I am going home next month and won't be back until the Super Bowl but next year I will have to down/upgrade to get the SNF and MNF

Truesports 4 still show 2 Sunday afternoon games.

some of us are still trying to swallow the bitter pill of losing UEFA Champions League coverage/replay.

C'mon, Man, seriously. There's soccer on 24/7 here, spread across several channels. There are so many different "leagues" and "championships", I don't know how you can keep track of them without a computer.

American professional football has one league, the NFL. There is one championship per year, the Super Bowl. That's why NFL fans are so hungry for it; and why we felt so deprived with the minimal coverage we had been getting from Thai TV for so many years. Now we have one new network (out of Hong Kong, by the way), that's feeding our hunger. It's about time!

If you were raised as a soccer fan, I fully understand your love for the game. But, as I said, it's not like you've barely got any to watch.

well, i was just saying. i didn't mean to rile you up or anything. but listen... a game is not a game is not a game. i was raised a Yankees fan but i have no desire to watch the Diamondbacks. i was raised a Sabres fan, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna sit through a Lightning game. i was raised a Bills fan but, i have no desire to watch a 49ers game.

i want to follow *my* soccer team. and we've been spoiled for sure having EPL and Champions league on repeat. but, now that CL is gone, i'm not interested in watching Bundesliga.

i'm with you, True should be praised for accomodating us with ASN, i'm with you. but let's not pretend any game is as good as any other game. in fact, there is nothing more annoying than looking for YOUR team and realizing they're playing someone else's team. come on, New Orleans and Philly? gross.

well, i was just saying. i didn't mean to rile you up or anything. but listen... a game is not a game is not a game. i was raised a Yankees fan but i have no desire to watch the Diamondbacks. i was raised a Sabres fan, but i'll be damned if i'm gonna sit through a Lightning game. i was raised a Bills fan but, i have no desire to watch a 49ers game.

i want to follow *my* soccer team. and we've been spoiled for sure having EPL and Champions league on repeat. but, now that CL is gone, i'm not interested in watching Bundesliga.

i'm with you, True should be praised for accomodating us with ASN, i'm with you. but let's not pretend any game is as good as any other game. in fact, there is nothing more annoying than looking for YOUR team and realizing they're playing someone else's team. come on, New Orleans and Philly? gross.

Not riled, Torres. It just seems a little ludicrous to complain about the loss of soccer, considering the coverage here. But I fully understand your pain, if you're denied coverage of a particular favorite team.

In my case, that one team is the Patriots. My week, and my game day, are planned around their games. Whether they play at midnight, 3:15, or 7 AM, I WILL be watching, one way or another. This weekend, they weren't broadcast by ASN, so I used my subscription to 'NFL Game Pass' to watch it ... until my lousy CAT connection dropped so low that I couldn't run that program. Then I switched to a free MyP2P stream to finish the game. Lousy video quality, because of that very slow speed from CAT; but I still watched it. All the way to the painful end, in this case!

So, in the case of your soccer team, can't you also get it from a stream? I know that MyP2P has soccer streams. Have you ever used it? It runs on almost any feed, albeit with decreasing quality, as the download speed decreases.

That said, Torres, we differ with regard to watching other teams. I love the American brand of football! I watch games all day long here, now that we have that option from ASN. My Patriots are #1; but I definitely do not say "gross" in reaction to a New Orleans versus Philly game; or any other match of good teams. I loved watching the replay of the Giants - Cowboys game last night. This morning, I got up at 6:30 to get ready to watch the Colts - Dolphins game, which begins in about 20 minutes. Sunday night, I watched a replay of the NCAA Florida - Tennessee game, before the Patriots game started, and thoroughly enjoyed that.

As I said, I love the game. I don't particulary enjoy watching teams that are having a bad season, because the quality of the game, as they play it, isn't very good. But any game between good teams is great entertainment for me. I guess we differ on that.

No more CL :)

Someone might have just lost a potential customer.............

It's been bugging me are u a liverpool fan? Because there's ONLY ONE TORRES!! :D