Vigo 4 Door 4wd Auto Vs Triton

womble

i'm looking for a new car, currently have sport rider, toyota hilux 4 door 4wd automatic. I'm looking at getting the new vigo version of the same car, just wondering how it matches up against the competition.

If anyone has driven different makes of the same 4wd 4 door autos I would be interested in their take on which is better.

I test drove the vigo and really liked it, havn't compared it to any of the other makes so far tho.

I was told the vigo holds value much better than the triton, can anyone confirm.

i'm looking for a new car, currently have sport rider, toyota hilux 4 door 4wd automatic. I'm looking at getting the new vigo version of the same car, just wondering how it matches up against the competition.

If anyone has driven different makes of the same 4wd 4 door autos I would be interested in their take on which is better.

I test drove the vigo and really liked it, havn't compared it to any of the other makes so far tho.

I was told the vigo holds value much better than the triton, can anyone confirm.

The new Vigo version is called "Fortuner" and has a revised rear suspension and slightly shorter body.

Mitsus SUV version of the Triton is called Pajero Sport, same story as the Fortuner.

Both nice cars, I vote for the Toyota, its the best of these two.

Tommy

I have a friend that has done 100.000 miles driving both, he says the triton is "more agricultural "..

I'm looking at the pickup truck version, not the suv, I like to go fishin' and it's best to keep the smelly stuff out the back.......

I've don't 100k in my 7 year old hilux that I have now, never had a single problem. When I test drove the new vigo version it seemed very similar but maybe just a little better, it was a smoother ride and a little faster acceleration.

I have a friend that has done 100.000 miles driving both, he says the triton is "more agricultural "..

I'm looking at the pickup truck version, not the suv, I like to go fishin' and it's best to keep the smelly stuff out the back.......

I've don't 100k in my 7 year old hilux that I have now, never had a single problem. When I test drove the new vigo version it seemed very similar but maybe just a little better, it was a smoother ride and a little faster acceleration.

i would think thats a fair assumption,.i ran a vigo 3.0 g auto for 2 years and 40k, it was great, i had leather and wood and it reminded me of my lexus i had in the uk, a great truck, :)

Well, there you go then, git it!

So you dont have the Sport Rider then? Sport Cruiser is a pickup.

Tommy

Toyotas and Isuzus hold their value better then other brands almost to point of absurdity. For example, a 2009 Nissan Navara LE 4-Door truck is around 725,000 new, while the 2008 model is between 450,000 to 500,000. A 2009 D-Max Hi-Lander (2.5) 4 door truck is around 740,000 new, and 2008 models regularly go for well over 600,000.

I've don't 100k in my 7 year old hilux

Not being funny, but after all those miles and years, how is it you don't know the name of your vehicle?

Yeah I know.....reading it back I can't believe I put sport rider, it's a sport cruiser.....Dur.......never post after a drink.............

Toyotas and Isuzus hold their value better then other brands almost to point of absurdity. For example, a 2009 Nissan Navara LE 4-Door truck is around 725,000 new, while the 2008 model is between 450,000 to 500,000. A 2009 D-Max Hi-Lander (2.5) 4 door truck is around 740,000 new, and 2008 models regularly go for well over 600,000.

That may well be the case!, but I always wonder who are buying these second hand trucks.

Drive into Petchabun City from the south on Route 21 and you will see absolutely stacks of Isuzu's on the Second hand forecourts.

Perhaps its a status thing, but most locals want a brand new shiny Black one over 84 months etc.

Perhaps its a status thing, but most locals want a brand new shiny Black one over 84 months etc.

True, but most can't afford the down-payment that is required to finance a new vehicle. Payment plans on used vehicles require a much smaller initial deposit, hence why they are attractive to some buyers even though they cost almost as much as new.

Triton has a nice cabin. But bed is too short for motorbikes, brakes too small and engine noisy and not smooth. Compared to Vigo. Triton sells slow and cheap second hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Is's a no brainer on new. Toyata is the champ, isuzu a distant second on quality. Nissan is the better unit in all catogories except resale. Drive one and you will agree. Price near the same on all. The 2010 Toyo hads nothing new except a grille and side lights. same old low powered engine. Same for izu. navara has 35 more horses than either.

Checked them all and will buy the Nissan and screw the resale difference 5 years from now. it will be insignificant.

russ

Is's a no brainer on new. Toyata is the champ, isuzu a distant second on quality. Nissan is the better unit in all catogories except resale. Drive one and you will agree. Price near the same on all. The 2010 Toyo hads nothing new except a grille and side lights. same old low powered engine. Same for izu. navara has 35 more horses than either.

Checked them all and will buy the Nissan and screw the resale difference 5 years from now. it will be insignificant.

russ

Navara mid power 2,5 is 144 horses, identical with Toyota VN 2,5. However Toyota has a wider peak-tourqueband (1600-2800 rpm) giving more available tourque and smoother engine.

Navara high power is 177 hp @ 4000 rpm over Toyota 3,0 163 hp @ 3600 rpm. However Toyota again has a wider peak-tourqueband (1400-3200 rpm) giving more available tourque and smoother engine. Navara has great peak- power, but basicly Toyota has more power available between 1400 and 3600 rpm which is desired with an auto transmission truck.

Navara is a great truck, but I fail to see your 35 more horses