Thailand Wants To Become Number One In Entertainment Business In Asia

george

Thailand wants to become number one in entertainment business in Asia

BANGKOK: -- The government plans to upgrade 'Thailand Entertainment Expo' to become one a regional fair in Asia next aims to double income from the industry to Bt320 billion within the next two years.

Alongkorn Ponlaboot, deputy commerce minister, said the plan has worked under the government's agenda to push Thai entertainment business become number one in Asia ahead of South Korea who keeps on the place so far.

To acheive the goal, the ministry has drawn up clear suppoting plan to provide a budget of Bt20 billion under 'Creative Thailand' project.

"Thailand has benefited from variety culture and geographic which is an important fundamental for the industry development," said Alongkorn.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-16

The only thing that that is entertaining in this announcement, is the fact that it follows a number of other "entertaining" hub announcements. It would help if they actually did things, rather than talk about it - but I guess that's too difficult, when the lead actors at present are clowns.

Maybe JJ is going to be the pin up boy. :)

To acheive the goal, the ministry has drawn up clear suppoting plan to provide a budget of Bt20 billion under 'Creative Thailand' project.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-16

Ah, there it is the killer sentence. Another nice gravy train for the clowns.

Does anybody outside Thailand listen to Thai music, watch Thai TV or Thai movies?

Yes they do, Japanese are especially interested in the music, but I never met anyone who is a fan of Thai TV. I used to listen to Thai music all the time at home, as well as musical films. There are some good foreign websites on Thai music and film. Not everyone comes here for the cheap drink and girls, thank goodness! If anyone has never seen a good luktung or morlam concert, something Thai's do VERY well, then they don't know what they are missing.

Does anybody outside Thailand listen to Thai music, watch Thai TV or Thai movies?

Yes they do, Japanese are especially interested in the music, but I never met anyone who is a fan of Thai TV. I used to listen to Thai music all the time at home, as well as musical films. There are some good foreign websites on Thai music and film. Not everyone comes here for the cheap drink and girls, thank goodness! If anyone has never seen a good luktung or morlam concert, something Thai's do VERY well, then they don't know what they are missing.

Thai concerts are wonderful, World Experts in Lip Sink!

They are making big progress in being the leader in asia in the entertainment business.The only thing they have to do is extend the hours where it is not allowed to sell alcohol and a few more crack downs on entertainment business closure times and all will be well.

BANGKOK: -- The government plans to upgrade 'Thailand Entertainment Expo' to become one a regional fair in Asia next aims to double income from the industry to Bt320 billion within the next two years.

Isn't that bird from the TAT looking for a new job? :)

Edited by mca

You can name the cross-over international acts on one hand.

Tata Young, T-Bone, Sek Loso, maybe Carabao, DJ Nakadia,

and, and.... uh.... ummmm.

Venus Flytrap? Katoey chic, limited market....

Any boybands sell more than 10,000 cd's outside thailand??

Lydia maybe...?

GMM Grammy sell ANYTHING outside Thailand?

Movie stars... I'm hard pressed to name one and I live here,

few do anything in english so film and TV aren't gonna fly...

What are they talking about.

Lydia maybe...?

From time to time many Thai pop acts have gone abroad. At the beginning of this century I could hear Bazoo, Jamp and China Dolls played in Hong Kong when I was there. I have found many Thai movies dubbed in Indonesian the few times I was in Jakarta. Same in Penang in Malaysian. Thaitanium has a following outside of Thailand and Big Ass, Potato, Clash and others are not unknowns outside of Thailand!

Thai commercials regularly win prizes abroad. The best director and best production house were both in Thailand in 2008 (Phenomena and one of their directors).

Many foreign productions shoot here because of the reasonable quality for reasonable prices.

If there is one thing that Thais do very well it is entertainment as it is in their blood.

I also believe Grammy has/used to have a Taiwanese subsidiary!

My source is myself btw as I work in the entertainment industry here ....

Edited by WAERTH

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-16

Ah, there it is the killer sentence. Another nice gravy train for the clowns.

Good spot! This is just a way for bureaucrats to make some extra money, and perhaps pick up the odd "favor" for helping out wannabe stars.

Lydia maybe...?

I would like to add Celeste Siam... 'cause she is a friend :)

creative kingdom announced about a month ago a launch for a CNXWOOD project. to be built in Sampankang (sorry spelling) They are planning on building filming studios..many of them. Where they hope to have movies produced here through cnxwood. This area is also supposed to consist of the first BEACH in Chiang Mai. Looking forward to that! Also many other plans for condo's etc. the project will take 7 years to finish but hope to have the first part done...cnx and beach in 3 years time!! by the way this is my hubbys log in...not mine...lol... I had the pleasure of a personal tour of Creative Kingdom about a month ago!! Absolutely amazing place right here in Chiang Mai!!

Edited by Fishenough