Offshore Job

Hi

Im trying to get a job on a oilrig somewhere, and hope that somebody here could give me some help.

I am working in the windturbine industry, where I do all kind of jobs ,el,hydr,troubleshooting, ect.

it is onshore and offshore worldwide, the job is good but, the company, like us to stay on the job up to 3 monts at the time, with no chance to go home, and as I have a small child , I think it is long time to be away.

So to go on a rotation like 3-4 weeks on / off, would be nice.

I have all certificate to work offshore.

So any ideas would be nice

Thanx

Hi

Im trying to get a job on a oilrig somewhere, and hope that somebody here could give me some help.

I am working in the windturbine industry, where I do all kind of jobs ,el,hydr,troubleshooting, ect.

it is onshore and offshore worldwide, the job is good but, the company, like us to stay on the job up to 3 monts at the time, with no chance to go home, and as I have a small child , I think it is long time to be away.

Thanx

Well the first thing is forget about offshore Thailand, highly unlikely you will get a look in

What do you do exactly ??...doing a bit of this and a bit of that will not get you offshore

Your road to possibly getting offshore...contacts...contacts contacts in the business...

Where are you from ?? as generally before you get a shot at working internationally, you would have needed to have "cut your teeth" in your own countries O&G ie if from the UK = North Sea, US = Gulf of Mexico etc

Even time rotations these days are getting harder to find ie 21/21 or 28/28...

Most promising locations if you have the skills needed....Nigeria, Angola in SEA, Vietnam...

Give me a bit more of your background and can advise you further

Hi

Thanx

Well the first thing is forget about offshore Thailand, highly unlikely you will get a look in

What do you do exactly ??...doing a bit of this and a bit of that will not get you offshore

Your road to possibly getting offshore...contacts...contacts contacts in the business...

Where are you from ?? as generally before you get a shot at working internationally, you would have needed to have "cut your teeth" in your own countries O&G ie if from the UK = North Sea, US = Gulf of Mexico etc

Even time rotations these days are getting harder to find ie 21/21 or 28/28...

Most promising locations if you have the skills needed....Nigeria, Angola in SEA, Vietnam...

Give me a bit more of your background and can advise you further

Hi

Well location is of the job is no problem as Im used to travel a lot .

Im from Scandinavien, but been living here for the last 10 years.

My background is mechanical engineer, and plumber/blacksmith.

At a site I sometimes work as a supervisor, other times I will do all electrical work and hydrolics, testing and commision of the turbines. Replacement og gearboxes,generatores up to 3 MW.

Hi

Thanx

In the good old days I ALWAYS found work in Singapore. ALL companies have offices there. As you live in Thailand this is close to "home" and they don't have to fork out a ticket every time. Go to the offices yourself, make contact with the secretaries they are your first hurdle. Good luck. PS there is lots of work in Russia as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Is this thread still alive. I'm living in Pattaya, Thailand and also looking to get into offshore work.

I have served a 4 year apprenticeship in engineering, and have worked as a maintenance engineer mechanical / electrical

for 20 years. I know it is a difficult time to find work, but any contacts or info would be a great help.

Thanks