Relaxed Friendly Pub In Silom--looking For Recommendations

sbk

I am meeting friends in Bangkok early next month and they asked for a nice pub on Silom to meet up. Near a skytrain station would be good since I won't be staying in Silom. We are mostly girls, so relaxed, and not too noisy as we have lots of gossip to catch up on. :)

Any recommendations from our Bangkok savvy members?

I am meeting friends in Bangkok early next month and they asked for a nice pub on Silom to meet up. Near a skytrain station would be good since I won't be staying in Silom. We are mostly girls, so relaxed, and not too noisy as we have lots of gossip to catch up on. :D

All females and just wanna chat, I vote for Silom Soi 4. :)

I am meeting friends in Bangkok early next month and they asked for a nice pub on Silom to meet up. Near a skytrain station would be good since I won't be staying in Silom. We are mostly girls, so relaxed, and not too noisy as we have lots of gossip to catch up on. :D

All females and just wanna chat, I vote for Silom Soi 4. :D

Is this another one of your haunts James? :)

On a serious note though it is not a bad suggestion.

There is also Roadhouse on the corner of Surawong Road, which is a pretty decent joint and serve good food.

Edited by mrtoad

How about Molly Malones? Pleasant decor, Guinness and a great lamb stew. It's on Convent Road just a few doors along on the left from Silom Road. Handy subway and skytrain connections.

Not cheap but this is Bangkok's central business district and priced accordingly.

How about Molly Malones? Pleasant decor, Guinness and a great lamb stew. It's on Convent Road just a few doors along on the left from Silom Road. Handy subway and skytrain connections.

Not cheap but this is Bangkok's central business district and priced accordingly.

Agree.

I'd vote for Molly Malones. Nice staff and nice managers, if you're worried about high prices then they have the usual pub specials... hundred baht or so for a pint of Tiger, or something similar.

Have a good time.

http://mollymalonesbangkok.com/

The Barbican on Soi Thaniya is good.

Yeah. Agree with this one. At the foot of Sala Daeng Sky Train. O'Reilly's Irish Pub on the corner. Walk up that same Soi that O'Reilly's is on the corner of and about 100 yards on your right is The Barbican. Friendly place, no hassle, good crowd. Happy Hour on pints can be big discounts as you have to draw from a pack of playing cards to see how much discount your getting.

Could also try Duke Of Wellington. Other side of the Sky Train steps and pass the Soi of the previous mentioned Molly Mallone's. Personally found this pub to be more welcoming in the daytime with a pint and a plate of food in front of you. Ah, daytime drinking eh??!! :)

O'Reillys and Molly's are pretty good for a pub atmosphere, but for something a little different I would suggest an open bar called the Happy Beer Garden outside of the Montien Plaza, whilst catching up on gossip you can have a laugh at some of the sights going into and out of Patpong and it is only a short walk from O'Reillys and the skt train.

I haven't been there for a few years, hope it hasn't changed for the worse.

for something a little different I would suggest an open bar called the Happy Beer Garden outside of the Montien Plaza, whilst catching up on gossip you can have a laugh at some of the sights going into and out of Patpong......

I haven't been there for a few years, hope it hasn't changed for the worse.

No comment mossy. No comment at all :)

I think I went there a few years ago......

But, sounds like a good starting point anyway. Thanks :D

hi sbk, come into Mollys and ask for Mick or Mark and we will look after you.

:D now you guys know who I am!

The cheerleading for that rip-off joint on soi 11 gave that away.. :D

It was never in doubt. :)