Aa Meetings Thailand

sweeex

Hello.

I am of to Thailand for the first time .....sober! and I am qurius about AA meetings in Issan, and also other citys.

Sobe rI have been for 1 year now and AA has helpt me alot here back home. I know from the net that there are meetings in Khon kaen, and have sent some email to the group , but havent goten any anser...

any member who has any info?

Thanks/

All the best to you for being sober one year. I hope that one day I will be able to say the same ...

You will find what you need here. If you are able to go to Khon Kaen, this is where you should go. I know many of the members there - I think that you will find it a good meeting with some honest and caring people.

If you did not receive a response to your email, don't worry about that (everybody is busy, and the world is not perfect). Open the last link and call the number(s). You will not be let down.

All the best to you for being sober one year. I hope that one day I will be able to say the same ...

You will find what you need here. If you are able to go to Khon Kaen, this is where you should go. I know many of the members there - I think that you will find it a good meeting with some honest and caring people.

If you did not receive a response to your email, don't worry about that (everybody is busy, and the world is not perfect). Open the last link and call the number(s). You will not be let down.

Ok, thanks for info, I will call when arived in Thaland, (dec) Thanks again!

• 5 months later...

Ok ! Well I have been to thailand and come home from thailand ,, and manage to stay sober during the 2 month I was there!

but there were some close calls, I do not think I would have"made" it ,, if not atending htese meetings in khon kaen. i meet nice people and got new friends!

I had an idea that it would be a challange to stay away from my old "waterholes" but what took me by suprice were howe the wast amount of people drinking around me would effect me,, I thought before that they can do as they please ,, and I keep to mine! I found it harder and harder to keep away from alcohol,, But I did and are now back home and feeling great!

I am greatful and alive!

Ok ! Well I have been to thailand and come home from thailand ,, and manage to stay sober during the 2 month I was there!

but there were some close calls, I do not think I would have"made" it ,, if not atending htese meetings in khon kaen. i meet nice people and got new friends!

I had an idea that it would be a challange to stay away from my old "waterholes" but what took me by suprice were howe the wast amount of people drinking around me would effect me,, I thought before that they can do as they please ,, and I keep to mine! I found it harder and harder to keep away from alcohol,, But I did and are now back home and feeling great!

I am greatful and alive!

Thats great news, well done for staying strong. The bar scene in Thailand is especially tempting but you have to find different things to do and meet different people to keep your mind off the sauce. The meetings in thailand are exceptional and brilliant people to help you along the way. All the best to you.

I am greatful and alive!

Thats great news, well done for staying strong. The bar scene in Thailand is especially tempting but you have to find different things to do and meet different people to keep your mind off the sauce. The meetings in thailand are exceptional and brilliant people to help you along the way. All the best to you.

Maybe Mr Hinkel can give some more specific advice. I believe he has just recently done the same.

If you're in the Sukhumvit area, I can strongly recommend the meetings there, which are very welcoming, and quite easy to find. PM me if you need step by step directions.

All the very best,

SC

You´r right there ahinkel,the bar scene I manage to stay away from , When I visited thiland before my wife, I just loved the these bars! still I have an urge ,a longing for the bar scene! but a short reflextion , were that would get me! if I started hanging there again,,,alone without famely , shivering and agony from the hangovers that come after my weekly rallyes, No,, no more! I want to live and be able to look my daughter in her eye´s without shame when she´s grown up!

I notise that we seem to have been in the same situation during the same time in thailand,,!

SC Hi! thank you! I´ll keep that in mind! I had an idea of atending the mid day meeting in sukhumvit,, I hope to be able next tripp though?

You´r right there ahinkel,the bar scene I manage to stay away from , When I visited thiland before my wife, I just loved the these bars! still I have an urge ,a longing for the bar scene! but a short reflextion , were that would get me! if I started hanging there again,,,alone without famely , shivering and agony from the hangovers that come after my weekly rallyes, No,, no more! I want to live and be able to look my daughter in her eye´s without shame when she´s grown up!

I notise that we seem to have been in the same situation during the same time in thailand,,!

SC Hi! thank you! I´ll keep that in mind! I had an idea of atending the mid day meeting in sukhumvit,, I hope to be able next tripp though?

It sure wasnt easy , i arrived at 10pm christmas eve , and outside my apartment was full of people pissed up and girls everywhere as you can imagine. I retired to sleep early ,but was so tempted to go out and sample " that first drink". I told myself the carnage that lay ahead if i took it. My months vacation would be armageddon instead of paradise, i can assure you of that. Drinking for me is not an option anymore.

I got up early, about 6am headed to the beach , got my gym subscription for a few weeks . Got my provisions in and planned my manoevures away from the hotspots. I drank sodas in one or two bars that were low key , just to meet girls. But didnt stay long enough, just in case the old me thought ... maybe only one.

Excersise, rent a motorbike to get away to ease the mundane mind and if your lucky , good people from the meeting to hook up with and chill out. Certainly beats lying with the shakes , trembling impending doom, knowing the only thing that makes it better is a large jack D followed another 6 before 1pm. Thats the alternative.

hinkel

You have just reminded me of my Son saying to me "Daddy Please Dont Drink anymore" one night in 1980 I was on my way to a meeting.

He was eight Y.O. then and I still havnt taken that Drink "One Day At A Time"

I now have Eight Grand Kids that have never seen me as a Drunken Fool.

If your ever in Phnom Penh contact me as we have a meeting at 12 noon every day.

• 3 weeks later...

You have just reminded me of my Son saying to me "Daddy Please Dont Drink anymore" one night in 1980 I was on my way to a meeting.

He was eight Y.O. then and I still havnt taken that Drink "One Day At A Time"

I now have Eight Grand Kids that have never seen me as a Drunken Fool.

If your ever in Phnom Penh contact me as we have a meeting at 12 noon every day.

Hi,, yes, I´ll keep that in mind! Dont know when ,, never been there.I am home in farang country working now, feeling good . My famely(wife and daughter) just have another 2 weeks remaining in thailand.

For me It was a relece to join my home group again,, But real good experiance to meet other AA groups /members.

About beeing an alcoholic with kids!

I went trough my old pictures, and found the one I for a long time did not want to see,

It´s one of my son when he was 4 yo, and he stod in the corner crying,,, me drunk and not able to care for he´s needs. dont know why I took the pictureat the time,,? maybe my inner me knew I would need and want it in the years to come? it fill´s me with shame now, looking at the picture!! and also boosts me , knowing I now do the right thing! staying sober another day! worth mentioning that me and son have a great relationship today, he is now 9 yo and lives with me.

Ahinkel,,