Degreaser

David006

• 2 weeks later...

David,

Your best bet would probably be a True value store -if there is one in Trang. I didn't see any in Krabi & I know it is a way down to Phuket . I need to get some also when we repaint the house coming up. i will stop by a True value in the next 2 weeks to check if you have not located it yet. I wish I knew the Thai name for it.

Barry

The most vicious chemical for cleaning away grease ,that I know of, is Sodium Hydroxide(NaOH)..in Thai it is known as Soda Fy

It is extremely caustic and is known as Caustic Soda in some English speaking countries.

It comes in flakes

Extreme caution should be used in handling.wear rubber gauntlets(long gloves) and have clean water handy to rinse off any splashes,maybe wear eye protection.

When making a cleaning solution with water always add a few flakes to the water at a time as the water will become hot.Make the solution in a glass or plastic container or stainless steel but not Aluminium as it will react with the liquid.Likewise do not stir with anything made of Aluminium

NEVER ADD WATER TO THE FLAKES AS THERE'S A RISK OF EXPLOSION

Another alternative is to use petrol that I have found less hazardous to use in cleaning the overhead fan blades of my ceiling fans