Danish Owned Online Computer Store Hits Thailand

george

Danish Owned Online Computer Store Hits Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Two Danish computer experts now try to invade the Thai market in selling computers, accessories and hardware online. The goals are very ambitious.

Two Danish guys, Thomas Skyum and Christian Bjerrum Hansen now kick start a new ambitious project in Thailand, the online computer store, invadeIT. The company aims to be the leading online computer store in Thailand within 3 years, pr.com reports.

Behind invadeIT are the two computer experts from Denmark and a team of local staff. Together they bring a versatile spectrum of experience such as software engineering, retail store management, web development, computer technician, eCommerce development and more.

Confident entrepreneurs

There are already numerous computer web shops available in Thailand. However the people behind invadeIT are certain that they can take on the competitors:

"There are many computer webshops out here, but very few of them look like a place I would actually like to purchase anything from" explains Thomas Skyum, Chief Technical Officer of invadeIT, and continues:

"Of course there are cultural differences, and it's a matter of individual taste but the web shops I used to buy from in Europe all looked very professional and invited me to shop from them. We hope to be able to appear as a shop like that. However we have a challenge on hand since we aim both at expats and locals, so our design must appeal to both groups."

The web shop has undergone extensive user experience testing using both expats and Thai nationals, and changes have been made to accommodate the needs for both groups.

Growing markets

During the last 10 years online shops have taken over more than 90% of the computer sales in Europe and USA, but that is still far from the case in Thailand. In Thailand there are several reasons why online sales have not yet grown to be as popular as it is elsewhere. The main reason is probably that still a relatively small part of the population has access to the internet; another reason is that there are still some trust issues with paying online. However the broadband is rapidly becoming more and more common, so the market grows steadily every day.

invadeIT works together with all the major distributors in Thailand, and can therefore offer all major brands for sale in the shop. If the product you are looking for is not to be found on the site invadeIT encourages you to contact them so they can assist you.

"We stride towards being able to deliver all products within the field of computers, if you have a special request we will do what it takes to be able to get a hold of the desired product," says Christian Bjerrum Hansen, Chief Operational Officer of invadeIT.

-- ScandAsia 2009-09-18

Related link:

http://www.invadeIT.co.th

dammit! I was going to do that.

totally a good idea, looking at the ridiculously bad online com stores in thailand. i mean, i am happy that they are around, but they're lacking in selection and except for thanni (which is using an off the shelf open source web store) the websites themselves are a complete joke.

this is a market ready to be conquered....

dammit! I was going to do that.

totally a good idea, looking at the ridiculously bad online com stores in thailand. i mean, i am happy that they are around, but they're lacking in selection and except for thanni (which is using an off the shelf open source web store) the websites themselves are a complete joke.

this is a market ready to be conquered....

Do you know where I can find out the price at Pantip Plaza shops? Don't want to go there from my location just to do this.

Their prices are way too high.

Webcam and Keyboard priced 10-15% higher than shops in Pattaya.

TV Lcd and Plasma even more.

Desktop and notebooks same.

Cant see why any would buy here, when you pay much more, and must wait longer for delivery.

Check their prices!

Cant see why any would buy here, when you pay much more, and must wait longer for delivery.

Check their prices!

non-english teachers would rather spend 1k baht more than have to go back to 10different shop within 1week because of thai scams or incompetence in the electronic department.

I will glady overpay to deal with people who were not taken randomly on a bus to work at a computer shop at pantip

Check their prices!

I'm yet to find an online computer store in Thailand that has cheaper products than the shops in the big cities. Look at shop4thai everyone in here knows they are the most expensive on pretty much any product but still it's the biggest webshop in Thailand.

I don't think it's the prices that makes a webshop, it's more the selection of products available and the service provided.

If you go to your local computer store and ask for something that is not on their shelves and ask the nice looking but totally useless girl standing there if they can order the BR1500I you are looking for, then I think I know what the answer will be :)

I'm yet to find an online computer store in Thailand that has cheaper products than the shops in the big cities

Ive bought a few things online from Thanni.com my last purchase was a Lian Li Lancool Case, price was comparable to what i would have paid back home in australia, from the intial payment to delivery to my door was 5days, i thought reasonable.

As for price comparison to tukom/Pantip, my motherboard and cpu that i purchased 2 months at tukom are actually cheaper @ Thanni.

Had hoped this new Danish online store to be offering some things im struggling to purchase, such as water cooling gear for my cpu/gpu etc etc, nup no dice, i'll stick to tukom and Thanni.

I bought two laptops from Dell last year and had to deal with telephone sales people who had internal websites they could configure and price from, just like Dell's websites in nearly every other country in the world, but there was no website for customers to order from. Last time I looked Dell still had a static website promoting models it wants to sell businesses. The battery of one of the laptops went kaput exactly on cue, after 13 months (one month after the battery warranty expired) and I couldn't order one online or by phone from Dell Thailand. My calls were just referred to extensions where nobody picked up the phone when they realised I wanted to order a battery rather than place a more expensive order. I believe Dell only dares to provide this shoddy level of service in Thailand because there has been no online competition. I wish the Danes well. It would be great if they could also configure specs online like Dell, at least for PCs as it is much harder to assemble laptops due to the small size.

Check their prices!

non-english teachers would rather spend 1k baht more than have to go back to 10different shop within 1week because of thai scams or incompetence in the electronic department.

I will glady overpay to deal with people who were not taken randomly on a bus to work at a computer shop at pantip

I am a bit confused. The only thing you can do at those online shops is to order, pay and wait. Nothing more. Did not look if you can bring it back within 7 days if it does not work so that you get a replacement. Why? Because most of them are far too expensive anyway. And with getting a replacement within 7 days I never had a problem at the shops...at least so far. In addition to this I can unpack the item at the shops and look before I buy. If not I go to the next one ;-) Just want to avoid DOA as far as possible :-)

Edited by Beggar

Well the site is nothing special. No useful indexing, searching, etc. Not impressed to be quite honest. One thing to talk about blowing away the competition and another thing to do it.

It is special. I just saw at

http://www.invadeit.com/InfoCenterCategory.aspx?cat=3

this text below at the bottom of the page. I never saw anything like this to be honest. But again, I do not use online shops so much.

"Etiquette

We expect all customers, which contact invadeIT, to show a common good and decent behaviour. We therefore do not accept inquiries which are formulated in an unsober or vulgar manner, or in other ways can seem offending to our staff. This applies to both inquiries via email as well as by phone.

If we experience incidents where these guidelines are being broken, we will act immediately by answering the inquiry with a warning. If the violation is repeated we will take action and perform a suitable reprimand to the violating customer. This may in some cases mean that the customers account at invadeIT is frozen indefinitely, and/or the customers current orders are being cancelled. We will evaluate every act of violation individually and perform the action we find appropriate. "

Edited by Beggar

They do appear to be a tad exxy with their pricing.

Prices for an Asus ENGTX295 from 3 different places, two online purtchasing and 1 shopfront only.

Invade IT = 23,540.00.

Thanni = 19,480.00

IT Hardware House = 19,950.00

Obviously Invade IT and Thanni prices still need postage and handling added to the figure.

Edited by Spoonman

Prices for an Asus ENGTX295 from 3 different places, two online purtchasing and 1 shopfront only.

Invade IT = 23,540.00.

Thanni = 19,480.00

Obviously Invade IT and Thanni prices still need postage and handling added to the figure.

I want to build a new computer. Do you know if Tukcom is still more expensive than Pantip? I hate to go to BKK but I want to spend some money what could make a difference in the end. I would be happy to find online Pantip prices so that I can compare. Do you know a good site? Thanni, Compute & More, IT City, Shop4Thai and login.co.th I know already. But they are mostly much more expensive. And I prefer to look at the items before I move the cash.

Well the site is nothing special. No useful indexing, searching, etc. Not impressed to be quite honest. One thing to talk about blowing away the competition and another thing to do it.

It is special. I just saw at

http://www.invadeit.com/InfoCenterCategory.aspx?cat=3

this text below at the bottom of the page. I never saw anything like this to be honest. But again, I do not use online shops so much.

"Etiquette

We expect all customers, which contact invadeIT, to show a common good and decent behaviour. We therefore do not accept inquiries which are formulated in an unsober or vulgar manner, or in other ways can seem offending to our staff. This applies to both inquiries via email as well as by phone.

If we experience incidents where these guidelines are being broken, we will act immediately by answering the inquiry with a warning. If the violation is repeated we will take action and perform a suitable reprimand to the violating customer. This may in some cases mean that the customers account at invadeIT is frozen indefinitely, and/or the customers current orders are being cancelled. We will evaluate every act of violation individually and perform the action we find appropriate. "

Thanks for the warning!

I think they will have a way to go to attract customers. While I am usually not in a vulgar mood when contacting Online stores, this notice puts me off trying to use them indefinitely. Thanks, but no thanks, guys! (Mind you, I am sober now!)

Sunny

I must say, I agree.

I was looking for two things: Fully AJAX web interface - this is 2009. And huge selection.

The site has neither.

Edited by nikster

So they ship from Hua Hin? While I guess it's good for people outside of major cities without an IT mall, I'd rather make personal purchases from a reputable shop that tests the parts in front of me and is close by for any issues.

I'll continue to make my business purchases from AG/shop4thai. Next day delivery in Bangkok by their own delivery people.

What Thailand really needs is a company like CDW, and AG is probably closest thing I've found. Not sure if it would be profitable here though. It would require a tremendous amount of capital and I don't see many Thai's companies paying the premium required to do business with such a company.

I want to build a new computer. Do you know if Tukcom is still more expensive than Pantip? I hate to go to BKK but I want to spend some money what could make a difference in the end. I would be happy to find online Pantip prices so that I can compare. Do you know a good site? Thanni, Compute & More, IT City, Shop4Thai and login.co.th I know already. But they are mostly much more expensive. And I prefer to look at the items before I move the cash.

Only other shop that i know of that you can browse online is comseven.com, as to prices differences between Pantip and Tukom, no idea, never been to Pantip.

The prices listed on Com Seven and It Hardware House are the same as listed instore (Tukom), i have found though, either store does not stock all items listed on their respective websites.

FWIW, compare prices between Thanni (online purchase) and It Hardware House (Store purchase) Thanni is actually very competitive.

So they ship from Hua Hin? While I guess it's good for people outside of major cities without an IT mall, I'd rather make personal purchases from a reputable shop that tests the parts in front of me and is close by for any issues.

They just start to do this. Imagine you place a big order and pay for it and they close the shop before you get your things... I prefer goods for cash...just to be on the safe side. As long as you have the cash you are the king, afterwards you might end up as beggar...to get it back.

Only other shop that i know of that you can browse online is comseven.com, as to prices differences between Pantip and Tukom, no idea, never been to Pantip.

The prices listed on Com Seven and It Hardware House are the same as listed instore (Tukom), i have found though, either store does not stock all items listed on their respective websites.

FWIW, compare prices between Thanni (online purchase) and It Hardware House (Store purchase) Thanni is actually very competitive.

Thank you a lot for the sites. Will check for my new computer the prices at TukCom and then go to BKK to Pantip and look there too. Problem is if something does not work. Back to Pantip in BKK to change it. In my experience I had to change about 80 % and some things up to 4 times - HDs, MBOs, graphic cards, DVD-drives, enclosures and memory. The leader is the Lite-On DVD RW drive followed by the Seagate HDs made in China and external enclosures writing the wrong data to disks without error messages. Perhaps I should build a house instead of a computer - it might be easier ;-)

Thank you a lot for the sites. Will check for my new computer the prices at TukCom and then go to BKK to Pantip and look there too. Problem is if something does not work. Back to Pantip in BKK to change it. In my experience I had to change about 80 % and some things up to 4 times - HDs, MBOs, graphic cards, DVD-drives, enclosures and memory. The leader is the Lite-On DVD RW drive followed by the Seagate HDs made in China and external enclosures writing the wrong data to disks without error messages. Perhaps I should build a house instead of a computer - it might be easier ;-)

LOL, i hear ya with the frustration of shit dying, i have had a few thing die on me, i blame the heat out here, my current build ( quad core/gtx295gpu/4 terrabyte storage/8gb ram etc etc ) idles hot, real hot @ 50DegC, i cant get it cooler via Fans and aftermarket heatsinks so i am in the process of water cooling it.

FWIW, i personally steer clear of seagate HDD's, they have been plagued with firmware issues, i run western digital caviar HDD's (green) and have not had one single issue with them.

LOL, i hear ya with the frustration of shit dying, i have had a few thing die on me, i blame the heat out here, my current build ( quad core/gtx295gpu/4 terrabyte storage/8gb ram etc etc ) idles hot, real hot @ 50DegC, i cant get it cooler via Fans and aftermarket heatsinks so i am in the process of water cooling it.

FWIW, i personally steer clear of seagate HDD's, they have been plagued with firmware issues, i run western digital caviar HDD's (green) and have not had one single issue with them.

No in my case it was not the heat. Most things seem to be just scrap. Lite-On gave up in the end and admitted that the drive has problems and sent me a better model after many months. Seagate sent me finally drives produced in Thailand and not in China. They could not be better. In respect of the external enclosures I found this out by accident with TrueImage when I checked the archives and then with tools comparing the data. No errors when writing. Just the wrong data - some bits. The other things were scrap too. But it was not a heat problem. The heat is a problem here in Thailand if you are an overclocker or have a high end computer. I want to buy the Coolermaster V8 at least for my new I7-860. Otherwise this might not even reach the stock speed ;-)

But one more thing - my CPU reaches often 85 Celcius. No problem for the past 6 years and it is used a lot. But I guess it starts to throttle then because I cannot get it hotter. Idle it runs at 54. So 50 would be chilly for my system ;-)

Edited by Beggar

Most likely will be a failure

Hardly any Thais buy online, most do not have credit cards and wouldn't be comfortable shopping online anyway.

Many wouldn't trust the Thai postal system to deliver anything of any value. If its foreign owned they would be less likely to buy since Thai people don't like purchasing from foreigners (in Thailand).

Thais like going to shops, comparing, fiddling with things, haggling the price etc etc

Edited by CrossBones

Most likely will be a failure

Hardly any Thais buy online, most do not have credit cards and wouldn't be comfortable shopping online anyway.

Many wouldn't trust the Thai postal system to deliver anything of any value. If its foreign owned they would be less likely to buy since Thai people don't like purchasing from foreigners (in Thailand).

Thais like going to shops, comparing, fiddling with things, haggling the price etc etc

Thanni.com dont require a credit card, infact they dont have the option to use a CC, direct payment into their bank account.

As for delivery, my 2000b case showed up just fine, as did 1800b cpu heatsink/fan/cooler and im confident the 19000b graphics card will as well.

Invade IT = 23,540.00.

Thanni = 19,480.00

If you buy at hardware house or jib computer,which are the biggest anyway,you will get exactly the same prices at tukcom as you get at pantip.

They both have a complete pricelist online.Do a google for jib computer or hardware gouse international and the are the first link on the google page.

If you go panthip and browse all the shops you might end up a few hundred baht cheaper on a complete computer set but hardly worth the time and distance.Also if you buy at hwh or jib you can change items at any of their branches.

As for the danish online site.They are expensive.Bought some harddisks at tukcom and panthip this week and the online store are a whopping 50% more expensive,and that's even with the posting costs excluded.

Good luck to em ..but TIT (and as pointed out already), this aint a credit card online society yet ....maybe in the future but not right now. In my local town (west of BKK a littne bit) I have two shops I deal with and thet get me what I want at a cost that you lot pay at panthip ...saves me the travel and yes they are reliable and straight with pricing ...why would I ...a man with two credit cards go for this?? I do have a good source already ..Jing Jing!

Like I say ..good luck Danes, but ,....... :) ..... ok, good luck, nice to see someone being innovative nonetheless.

Only other shop that i know of that you can browse online is

There is a pinned topic on on-line computer/electronic stores here > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/line-Compute...res-t61857.html

I primarily use Thanni and Shop4Thai for convenience even though I'm located in a major city, Chiangmai. I could spend a long time going from shop to shop trying to find what I want whereas on-line it's quick. Also, I'm responsible for approving computer hardware purchases for our facility. When I prepare a list of items to give our purchasing agent, I supply prices off the Shop4Thai or Thanni site. The majority of the time, the quotation that comes back from our local dealers is several percent higher in price.

To me, the appearance of a site is far less important then the stock support and service from the company.