Danish Owned Online Computer Store Hits Thailand

george

I'm currently in Aus at the moment and stocking up on new toys, here is an example. I have ordered a 1TB Seagate external HDD with eSata and USB2 interfaces etc. AUD delivered $152.00 or 4600 Baht.

The same item advertised on their site is 6192 Baht see here:

http://www.invadeit.com/ProductGroup.aspx?...d3-a471af904c39

High import duties make buying in Thailand prohibitive so I buy here at home and take back as much as possible or get a friend who is traveling to do it for me. I found years ago PC and most Electronic hardware is much cheaper in AUS than even Pantip Plaza or Fortune Town.

Anyway looks like they are well stocked and I wish them luck.

Edited by bdenner

Don't think Thailand actually has any import duties for PC equipment. The prices I find there in the shops are usually pretty close to U.S. street prices - give and take a few percent. The Baht has just gone up, so things are once again more expensive over here - but it's not because of import tax...

Another thread says import tax for laptops is 40% which is obviously false since an Acer laptop here costs pretty much the same as in the USA, again give or take a few dollars. Keep in mind prices here include VAT most of the time, whereas US shops and online shops quote without VAT.

I gave the new business a shot but found out they had a 30 to 60 day delivery time. In addition they were considerably more expensive than Thanni. I sent them the Thanni price and they told me Thanni's price was below their cost.

I gave the new business a shot but found out they had a 30 to 60 day delivery time. In addition they were considerably more expensive than Thanni. I sent them the Thanni price and they told me Thanni's price was below their cost.

Perhaps they should order at Thanni too :-)))