Afl Grandfinal

marsteele

Is there anywhere in Chiangmai one can go and watch the AFL Grandfinal next week. I can watch it at home but with the Thai wife she does not understand how a game can go for 3 hours and gets annoyed with me if watch 30 minutes of a game.

The Red Lion wil be showing it, as well as the games today and tomorrow..

Is there anywhere in Chiangmai one can go and watch the AFL Grandfinal next week. I can watch it at home but with the Thai wife she does not understand how a game can go for 3 hours and gets annoyed with me if watch 30 minutes of a game.

The Red Lion wil be showing it, as well as the games today and tomorrow..

Thanks for that but what is the Red Lion and where is it? I don't know the bars in Chiangmai but have been here 3 years.

Just hope the saints will playing

Edited by marsteele

The Saints and the Cats in the final, with the cats reigning supreme :)

In your dreams MjM.

Thanks for that but what is the Red Lion and where is it? I don't know the bars in Chiangmai but have been here 3 years.

You must(n't) be a man of the world, marsteele. Everyone knows the Red Lion and the charming host. He will allow you to bring your own booze and will offer free water to wash it down.

UN Irish Pub will also be showing the game but you'll have to buy your drinks there, water included.

The Saints and the Cats in the final, with the cats reigning supreme :)

In your dreams MjM.

You must(n't) be a man of the world, marsteele. Everyone knows the Red Lion and the charming host. He will allow you to bring your own booze and will offer free water to wash it down.

UN Irish Pub will also be showing the game but you'll have to buy your drinks there, water included.

It is not so much about being a man of the world more about being married to a Thai woman. A woman who thinks if I venture near a bar that I would run off with a bargirl. So never been to a bar in Thailand and that is why I haven't heard of the Red Lion.

As my beloved saints are in the big one I will have to throw caution to the wind venture down and face the consequences later. I know I won't be left in peace to watch it at home. Thai women just do not understand the passion an Aussie has for his footy especially when your team is in the grand final and haven't won one for 43 years.

Sounds like you've got a great relationship with an understanding woman.

Yes, the Red Lion has a terrible reputation, many a husband has been lost to the bar girls that hang around this seedy establishment. UN Irish Pub is somewhat similar in that regard.

See the attached map for the locations of these fine venues.post-24617-1253317525_thumb.jpg

I would suggest that you get a new wife. If she cannot accept that you want to watch something for three hours so be it.

I would venture to suggest that she spends well in excess of that time watching programs of her choice :)

Personally I would prefer to watch it at home on my 50" TV rather than in a pub where only half the people will be really interested any way and there will be a lot of ambient noise to boot.

But each to his own.

Hi all yes the game last night was a good one ,im in Australia at the moment and went to the game last night ,the dogs played a great game and st kilda were in front in the end . i live in geelong not far from kardinia park and everynight the lights have been on there getting ready for the night game againts collingwood should be a good one tonight . i will stay and go to the grand final and then back to Korat for xmas .

just reading all the news this morning geelong are going to give it everything they have got . one problem for st kilda rewalt big problem with knee , but who really knows . cheers

Is there anywhere in Khon Kaen one can go and watch the AFL Grandfinal. I'm new to the area so would appreciate instructions to find pub/hotel whatever?

Thanks in advance

Wrong sub-forum to ask about Khon Kaen, best try the Issan sub-forum.

When I was working in KK, I stayed at either the Sofitel Raja or Kosa Hotels, both these places have satellite/cable TV so I'm sure you could find it in either.

Edited by Blinky Bill

I started this thread and thanks for the tips on where to go. I will head down to the Lion in the morning. Ruined my marriage tho. My wife says if I go then we are through, she had plans that she says was better for me to go shopping with her 4 girlfriends and I would enjoy it?????? UMMMM my team is playing in the grandfinal or follow 5 thai women around clothing stores for 8 hours.... oh well sitting in a hotel tonight waiting for tomorrow.

Thai women have know idea of what a man prefers, shopping or watch your team???? Thai women are more restrictive and dominating than farang women.....

I started this thread and thanks for the tips on where to go. I will head down to the Lion in the morning. Ruined my marriage tho. My wife says if I go then we are through, she had plans that she says was better for me to go shopping with her 4 girlfriends and I would enjoy it?????? UMMMM my team is playing in the grandfinal or follow 5 thai women around clothing stores for 8 hours.... oh well sitting in a hotel tonight waiting for tomorrow.

Thai women have know idea of what a man prefers, shopping or watch your team???? Thai women are more restrictive and dominating than farang women.....

I'll probably be there. If you can give me some pointers on the game, I'll give you some pointers on handling Thai women. :) I'll be the one sitting there like I own the place.

hello everyone , its now 10.30 in Melbourne and i am just about to walk into the MCG for the game Geelong V St kilda its wet and cold about 10 degress at the moment the forcast for the game is about 13 with rain and strong wind . everone is in there footy gear and i am one of them .

the cats have no change from last week and look good .

cheers and GO CATS .

Yeah.......

Fat_women.jpg

Yes had one of those, traded it in for a cheaper thai model. Takes up less room in the house and the fuel costs are next to nothing, just have to put up with the wignning in the engine.

Edited by marsteele