What Sells In Hua-hin

bangkokian

For those who live in Hua-hin and Cha-am, and those who are familiar with the area, what sort of stuff do you see selling like hotcakes there? What can't you get in Hua-hin that you can get in Bkk? What sort of stuff or service might sell in that beach town?

" What can't you get in Hua-hin that you can get in Bkk?"

VD probably!

its more of a family destination

If i were you i would get myself down there and do your own reseach.

Only an idiot would give up such information if he had it.

mind you, there are plenty of those around from what i read on the business forum.

Hua hin does not have the sleaze of pattaya and is becoming the #1 target for UK holiday makers who choose asia as a destination.

my guess woulld be that there are opportunities for taking care of the needs of the middle aged visiting farang with 2 kids with him.

Not that you wouldn't see one at every corner in Bkk these days, but if there's no Starbucks in Hua Hin, as a coffee fan, I would definitely love to see one.

Just had a Green Tea frappa something at Starbucks Hua Hin last week...

It's been open awhile now.

Hua Hin needs a subway (the kind you eat) :o ! But I met a gent last week who's opening something similar on Poonsuk near coconuts # 001.

Hua Hin needs a subway (the kind you eat)  ! But I met a gent last week who's opening something similar on Poonsuk near coconuts # 001.

oh no ! hua hin needs a subway like it needs another beach.

please , no more outlets for those tasteless production line sandwiches.

prepared by rubber gloved workers and smothered in toxic looking sauces and garnished with plastic salad.

a decent sandwich shop , run by a sandwich loving entrepreneur , sure.

good bread , proper butter , high quality fillings and crisp salad.

but not another artificial , awful , american franchise attempt at selling us the dream sandwich that turns out to be a gastronomic nightmare.

and they aint cheap either !!!

yep,a proper baguette sandwich. well, even in Bkk can not find it!!!

you have to know that Hua Hin businesses are mostly own by Scandinavien / Danish people and most of farang community there is from there. Otherwise, concerning tourism, it is mostly from Thai rich families. Different from Phuket or Pattaya.

So, adjust your target on that. Cheers,

(a hua hin lover)

I'd like to see a decent range of computer hardware on the same price level as Bangkok, at least then I wouldn't have to haul ass upto the big Mango everytime I (or any of my colleages) needed anything.

Parking. I know its not a commodity but its bad situation in HH, especially at weekends.

Beach bars and restaurants. These are great on Samui, sit out on the sand by candle light, order a meal, have a beer .... Hua Hin has nothing like this.

Most people that are here for two weeks don't want sandwiches and burgers, most people that have lived here for a while occasionally do! :o

:o

I'd like to see a decent range of computer hardware on the same price level as Bangkok, at least then I wouldn't  have to haul ass upto the big Mango everytime I (or any of my colleages) needed anything.

Parking. I know its not a commodity but its bad situation in HH, especially at weekends.

Beach bars and restaurants. These are great on Samui, sit out on the sand by candle light, order a meal, have a beer .... Hua Hin has nothing like this.

Most people that are here for two weeks don't want sandwiches and burgers, most people that have lived here for a while occasionally do!  :D

Huahin has its own charm. There are many choices for people to spend their vacation. People who loves Huahin shall love Huahin, the way Huahin used to be. Just imagine, you are standing on Gold Coast or any gold beaches and wish to have Khao Phad Kung or Tomyam Gung a la cart like in Thailand, hummm...if you cant HAVE it...well, what a beach here ?

To have or not to HAVE that is a (big) question !

I love Huahin since I was young ;-) Still loving Huahin eventhough I am no more young but not at all old one. :D

On another note, a beach bar in Hua Hin isnt really viable as 99% of the beach is taken up by private residencies and hotels.

Theres also that brick wall all the way along the beach and the beach at the Sofitel end is absolutely horrible with lots of floating junk and plastic bags.

I lived there for 2 years, and there is lots of scope for investment, but its never EVER gonna be a beach bums haven like Samui.

For those who live in Hua-hin and Cha-am, and those who are familiar with the area, what sort of stuff do you see selling like hotcakes there?  What can't you get in Hua-hin that you can get in Bkk?  What sort of stuff or service might sell in that beach town?

Sunglasses :D

Can always use em in a beach town

Maybe a guy selling giant cigarette lighters?

Flip Flops also!! :o

Last time i was there i saw many couples in the agegroup 50 and above. Not much to do or buy for them there. I am not old so i wouldn't know how to reach this group. But i guess there is a market for the somewhat more expensive shopping items, handbags, shoes, maybe a OTOP shop. Juwelry and clothing is already in abundance so i would skip that.

If you want me as a customer i would like, french baquettes, computer parts and supplies, and a movie theater, thank you. :o

Thanks Y'all for all your stimulating responses. I do realize I won't get the whole picture here --I just wanna get a feel for it as I've heard that the demographics have changed down there, and know that hotel prices are rather high out there. I am definitely getting more than I have expected.

Once my back get fixed, I'd try to find a chance to get down there. Any suggestions on a good reasonably-priced accomodation at some condotel would be appreciated.

A Bangkokian on the move

Many Thanks!

A decent taxi service/car rental would be nice as well.

You are right for once, the deportation incident is still being talked about, taking jobs away from the local Thai's (taxi driving).

The guy may have many names; Stuart, UP2YOU and Claire to name but a few.

I believe he came back after being deported by changing his name, but to Calire? Does this mean he has had the op? Bet its a site for sore eye's around Cha Am with his dress etc on riding his bike with that prattish German helmet on.

Get a picture and post it here.

By the way sorry to hear your little house is falling down, Jack will sort it. :o:D:D

Edited by lostsoul

Last time i was there i saw many couples in the agegroup 50 and above. Not much to do or buy for them there. I am not old so i wouldn't know how to reach this group. But i guess there is a market for the somewhat more expensive shopping items, handbags, shoes, maybe a OTOP shop. Juwelry and clothing is already in abundance so i would skip that.

If you want me as a customer i would like, french baquettes, computer parts and supplies, and a movie theater, thank you. :o

Seems Hua HI will finally get that movie theater , There is a big development south of town whhere they used to hold the food festival it includes a movie theater ,I think a bowling alley as well,

LL

Hua Hin has a pretty decent butchers and there are perennial rumours that one or other of the supermarkets will open up there before too long.

For now I'd say that it would be the usual suspects of good bread, and other imported goods.

looking to move to hua hin this year. currently have achain of butchers in the u.k. perhaps i should open a new one over there ?