Jet Ski Scam Video, An Attempt To Help Clean Up Thailand Or Not?

thailandlover

Is the video an attempt to help or not  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The program is pure entertainment.

A bit sensationalism.

Dont think they will be able to sell it to National Geographic.

:D

Of course, when the shit hit the fan, the authorities came up the the conspiracy theory that someone wants to smear Thailand.

Funny though, because most of the bad stuff in rest of the clips are about the visitors to the country.

And now the authorities are looking for the local film company/producers, since it was not approved first.

As in Burma, all movies/productions must be approved before they leave the country.

:)

Its not only in Burma but in all Asian countries. If you want to make a film about the country,you would have to submit your application to the Ministry of Information for clearance if you are a foreigner.Your visa is only granted if approval is given. They have good reasons to ensure some crappy film is not made about the country.

Unlike developed countries in the Western world, Asian governments are fragile, so are their economies.Films can of course be made to serve some political agenda to discredit the government and its system.

The "bad stuff" put Thailand in bad light. 6 decades ago, it was like this! Surely it has changed for the better.Pattaya is not Thailand!The decadence that you see is imported.

Thailand is still a very conservative Buddhist country with it own culture,its own Asian beauty and a beautiful country.It is time for tougher enforcement of immigration and other laws to ensure that a better image for the country! I am sure genuine tourist would agree that Thailand deserves better!

Gavin's already been found out. Forget Drummond's repetitive tabloid crap. It is better to go to the ThailandLandofSmiles blog to read about how Gavin edited in the gun scene which never happened like the documentary showed it. Nice excuses from Gavin who is trying to save his ass.

Edited by jacobbells

Gavin's already been found out. Forget Drummond's repetitive tabloid crap. It is better to go to the ThailandLandofSmiles blog to read about how Gavin edited in the gun scene which never happened like the documentary showed it. Nice excuses from Gavin who is trying to save his ass.

He edited in the gun scene?? :)

Oh really, and the Royal Marines were actually out of work Thai actors dressed up as the military

And the consular officials of a number of countries have got it wrong in their complaints to the authorities

And the promises of cleanups by the Thai authorities- is that a figment of everyone;s imagination also.?

No I think i'll ignore your post. I believe the previously reported version

What a crock.

Only a Chemtrail believer would come out with such a crock.

How old is Talen, 7? :)

[And speciation! Gravity and plate tectonics too. The media is unstoppable, I swear. Just last week some channel ran a program where they claimed The Earth was more than 6,000 years old. What a crock!

So you believe that the earth is less than 6,000 years old? :)

Only two things come to mind ...

"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

The only way to really know what took place and whether anything was staged is to ask the actors. Even then, you still may not get the truth.

... and ...

"Ockham's Razor"

With a multitude of possibilitities, the most obvious is the most likely.

People do get scammed. The police are corrupt. If you go to a big resort area behaving like a pigeon, then you should expect to get plucked.

I feel very much at ease in Thailand only when I am in my house. Any place else, driving on the road, in a nearby town, in Bkk or at a resort, my scamster radar is on high alert and I am at defcon 3 or higher in looking out for and avoiding potential problems and problem areas.

Nothing will change in my attitude until I sense visible long term change being implemented. I don't see any indication of a conscious effort of national improvement. In many ways, I see things getting worse and the prevailing attitude is not giving a <deleted> rather than a national initiative.

My "sum of all fears" scenario is that Thailand becomes the same as Myanmar.

I have just finished watching (so far) Big Trouble In Thailand – Episode 4, Part 4 via YouTube. Does anyone know how many episodes there are? Is this currently been aired in the UK, meaning we are waiting for new episodes to be aired first before being available on the likes of YouTube?