Setting Up A Mooban Committee

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a mooban committee? We have been advised by a lawyer the cost would be somewhere between 200,000 and 300,000 baht + his fee, and has to be done at the land office. This seems like a huge amount of money for such a requirement. I'm betting that no Thai dominated mooban pays that kind of amount ... or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

DIG

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a mooban committee? We have been advised by a lawyer the cost would be somewhere between 200,000 and 300,000 baht + his fee, and has to be done at the land office. This seems like a huge amount of money for such a requirement. I'm betting that no Thai dominated mooban pays that kind of amount ... or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

DIG

What are the benefits of a Moobaan Committee? Is it like a Condo association? How big is your Baan?

What are the benefits of a Moobaan Committee? Is it like a Condo association? How big is your Baan?

It takes over the running of a mooban from the developer. Can be done once 50% of the houses have been sold. There are 16 houses here. The developer has abandoned their duty to provide security, garden care, pool completion etc. So we're looking to take it over and get it into shape again. I was just shocked at the amount the lawyer was suggesting it would cost to set it up at the land office. Since it's an essential step for many moobans, I'd have thought it would have been a much more favorable price for everyone who has to form such a committee. 200 - 300,000 seems way OTT. Hence the question.

DIG

Thanks in advance.

DIG

Much cheaper to gather 10 Thais together in a room, provide some nibbles then talk endlessley about all the problems and do nothing for fear of offending someone somewhere :):D