Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Which One Actually Works

livinthailandos

I am hoping some of you out there can help me with this or share experience with me on this matter, let me give you my experiences and problems with both only with yahoo and hotmail, never really tried gmail but its pretty much looking like there the better provider from my understanding

1. Recieving and getting emails, I've definetly noticed this with more of a problem with hotmail than yahoo mail, how so many different times I can send a email to a hotmail account & yahoo account and either

a. hotmail does not recieve it or

b. it comes a day later

c. at least yahoo mail I get my mail all the time and its never late

2. Loading times on email

1. hotmail wins here straight out, at least when i do get my email at least the page loads in a good time

2. yahoo lately constantly has loading problems, sometimes it even stops or doesn't load at all,

Mind you I have TT&T Maxnett Primer Package 2 MB. I can only thing that i can possibly think of between yahoo and hotmail is the location of the email server and server related issues involving recieving, storing email.

1. Need your experiences with gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail

2. are you experiencing same problems like me or am i the only one

3. regarding gmail, I was under the impression you could use thunderbird with gmail, as long as you have a gmail account, you can send your gmail to thunderbird

I second Supernova - Hotmail is sloooooow (can be very slow at rendering here too I find). GMail is probably best if you post to YouTube as they are now in bed together (and a real pain in the arse that is). I use HM and GM almost exclusively. On my main PC I use IMAPI via Outlook as MaxNet (now TTT) seems to have the GMail Pop3 ports blocked, but ImapI works just fine.

I have Hotmail and Gmail because on many occassions I have not recieved an email from another Hotmail user to my Hotmail account. however, I can recieve it in my Gmail account.

I've also replied to a Hotmail message and that person has not recieved my message either. I also cannot find the reply I wrote in the Sent items box either.

It's really wierd and I don't know why it happens but it does and I thought it was just me too!

Gmail, I've had no problems yet!!!!

I have Yahoo and Gmail. Yahoo is good since I can use pop with Yahoo Asia for free now (with Eudora or whatever). Gmail was great with Eudora but for the last weeks I get endless timeouts and get tired of it. In addition to this the online inbox drives me crazy with the sort order there.

I am hoping some of you out there can help me with this or share experience with me on this matter, let me give you my experiences and problems with both only with yahoo and hotmail, never really tried gmail but its pretty much looking like there the better provider from my understanding

1. Recieving and getting emails, I've definetly noticed this with more of a problem with hotmail than yahoo mail, how so many different times I can send a email to a hotmail account & yahoo account and either

a. hotmail does not recieve it or

b. it comes a day later

c. at least yahoo mail I get my mail all the time and its never late

2. Loading times on email

1. hotmail wins here straight out, at least when i do get my email at least the page loads in a good time

2. yahoo lately constantly has loading problems, sometimes it even stops or doesn't load at all,

Mind you I have TT&T Maxnett Primer Package 2 MB. I can only thing that i can possibly think of between yahoo and hotmail is the location of the email server and server related issues involving recieving, storing email.

1. Need your experiences with gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail

2. are you experiencing same problems like me or am i the only one

3. regarding gmail, I was under the impression you could use thunderbird with gmail, as long as you have a gmail account, you can send your gmail to thunderbird

Gmail is the BEST!!!

Yahoo sucks, the "new yahoo mail" is awful... and you hve to enter a captach code for every email you send

CRAP

5 accounts with Gmail, 1 with AOL, 1 with CSloxinfo

and the winner issssssssssssssssssssss? - Gmail +++ :D

:D ..Holy Moly.....how many Mia Noi's do you support ? :D

LaoPo

unfortunately I am bound to professional discretion... :)

Of course, of course......considering you are an Ab Initio member I assume your marriages ie relationships were all invalid from the beginning. :D

Now I understand all those email accounts.

I should have been more clever also. :D

LaoPo

Had a Hotmail Acc. since 1999 ... no probs, tried Yahoo lotsa probs (dumped 3 years now). never tried Gmail but have a Thai friend who sends me hijacked E-mails from a chinese IT company LOL. Mmm ..happy with hotmail ...I think in 10 years with em, less than 10 EE's have gone astray and no hijacks ...Hotmail, I'm good :)

Since living in Thailand I dumped yahoo.uk account and hotmail.

Now only use Gmail, works just fine.

Chat is possible, the number of add's is widened every time.

Most of them useful.

Attachment size and number is very useful.

I send, on a regular basis, developed, compressed and encrypted "things" to a company in Holland, and they always arrive "clean".

Some can be rather big (10-15 MB), never a problem.

The upload time depends on the "speed of the day"

Edited by hansnl

I give GMail the thumbs up too. I have it linked with my Outlook account with Optus in Oz so when i am travelling or away from my house i can still check e-mails that are sent to either account. I think u can link multiple accounts with gmail.

Also GMail does not treat me like an adolescent girl with all that crap the other two tend to add on like latest celeb gossip. Both Hotmail and Yahoo piss me off in that way. I use Hotmail for any site that i will likely generete spam from and Yahoo because that is the only way i can view Flickr. The do serve a purpose !!!

I've been using yahoo mail since it first came out over ten years ago and never had a problem until they tried to improve with the 'new' email. I switched back to the classic and it's much better. I also have gmail, hotmail and other msn mail accounts, which I rarely ever use anymore. I don't like the way they are set up. Maybe you are using yahoo's 'new' email and I would suggest switching it back to classic. It's easy to do.

Gmail was the first to give heaps more storage. Only hassle is that it keeps emails to and fro like a serial which can be a nuisance as some incoming UNREAD emails can end up in the "sent" mail and I'd not realised that some I'd not read.

Yahoo also offers options .... @ymail.com and [email protected] which gives more scope if wanting to use a particular name.

Gmail has been having some problems recently when using it with the firefox browser (slow or not at all loading, attachments do not work etc) using it with the google chrome browser makes it work extremely fast and reliable. However I still use all Yahoo, hotmail and gmail, but for quick delivery of mail gmail is the best.