Were You A Bucket Banger

Godders

Any former Bucket Bangers out there? That's what they used to call boys from Bemrose School, Derby, in the UK. (Pupils at the rival Derby Central grammar school were known as Cabbage and Custard because of their green and yellow blazers!)

My abiding memory of Bemrose is taking my GCE O Levels there in the mid Fifties. I had terrible hay fever and spent more time mopping my eyes and nose than writing answers to questions.

Somehow, I still managed to scrape through.

I've lived in Thailand for more than a decade but have yet to bump into a Bucket Banger .

Any former Bucket Bangers out there? That's what they used to call boys from Bemrose School, Derby, in the UK. (Pupils at the rival Derby Central grammar school were known as Cabbage and Custard because of their green and yellow blazers!)

My abiding memory of Bemrose is taking my GCE O Levels there in the mid Fifties. I had terrible hay fever and spent more time mopping my eyes and nose than writing answers to questions.

Somehow, I still managed to scrape through.

I've lived in Thailand for more than a decade but have yet to bump into a Bucket Banger .

I thought this was another name for big ladies in England :) me, i much prefer a mouses earhole :D