Choosing A Pick Up

bomberbod

Just bought a Ford Ranger Wild Track. Excellent Truck and very smooth! Can't even hear the engine when the AC is on.

Here a picture if you like to get someting special.

Stingray, do yo have some interior pics? it has leather interior right? What is the fuel consumption like?

I was talking with my wife about buying a new 4X4 pickup. I like the Ford Rangers. Unfortunately there is the Thai lemming principle. Ford pickups are no good but the Mazda pickups are VERY good. They refuse to believe that Ford and Mazda are the same trucks. :)

I was talking with my wife about buying a new 4X4 pickup. I like the Ford Rangers. Unfortunately there is the Thai lemming principle. Ford pickups are no good but the Mazda pickups are VERY good. They refuse to believe that Ford and Mazda are the same trucks. :D

hehehe, LOS consumers :) Actually the Ford has better headlights

Couple of years back a Ranger was pulled by a tractor in BKK streets cause the gearbox had some problem and Ford refused warrantyclaim. Perhaps thats why Ford is no good :D

BTW Izu has 40% of the market and is the best pickup. Chevy is crap, and hardly sells

Edited by katabeachbum

I was told that the Isusu has a 2 part chassis, i.e. not one manufactured complete. That put me off.

So I decided on the 4 door Vigo and have'nt been sorry. 2.5 which was a bit of a come down from my 4.2 Nissan Patrol in Aussie but it does a great job and has been a real workhorse, I've had it for 3 years it's never missed a beat, I'm up to 120,000 Km mark now.

Nissan Navs are heavy trucks, over 160kg's difference between equivalent Isuzu's and Vigo's.

According to Nissan, Navara 4x4 4 door auto is 1.850kg

According to Toyota, Vigo 4x4 4door G auto is 1.870 kg

manual gear Vigo is also 15 kg more heavy.

Nissan Navs are not heavy trucks, they are similar to all the others

Just bought a Ford Ranger Wild Track. Excellent Truck and very smooth! Can't even hear the engine when the AC is on.

Here a picture if you like to get someting special.

Stingray, do yo have some interior pics? it has leather interior right? What is the fuel consumption like?

No it's dark grey velour. I didn't want leather, it's so hot. Will update pic's later. fuel consumtion, just bought it, have only 150 km done, have to see, but i guess not more then a other truck. The one i bought is a 2.5 liter turbo commonrail intercoler. No 4x4, but it's a highrider. There is one more options if you like, can buy a 3 liter model. I'm not sure, maybe this have leather interior.

Would like opinions on the best option to go for out of the following;

Isuzu D-Max

Nissan Navara

Toyota Vigo

Looking at double cab models and can't make my mind up.

Will be making quite a few long trips so comfort and reliability high on wish list

Cheers !

We've had our Navara LE(4-door) now for over two years-fantastic car,driven the length and width of the country several times,never a problem .

Serviced every 10k-never cost more than 1500baht.

Had a 2002 mod Frontier a few years.Strong car. Now order a new Navara LE Calibre White Pearl (Limited Version) 4 door, 2WD Auto. Have all the "goodies" I need at the moment. My builder have own many Nissan, and he is very happy with them. He drive 200km / day. Full loaded with tiles, cement etc.

I can assure you the isuzu is far from indestructable........engine blew up outside udon thani. Not an old model either!

If the engine blew up, there must be a reason. Was it overheated? In this case it's the drivers fault, because he schould read the water temperature on the gauge.