Vientiane: 1st Time!

I would recommend you use Claudio, his service leaves from Onnut Tesco-Lotus Parking Lot in nice VIP Vans around 830pm on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.

They take you through it all, minimal standing, they have seats at the Thai Consulate in Vientianne, so no standing there either. Pretty painless other than overnight in a van.

If you need details let me know. Total cost for the trip is 4,050 including transport, local transport, one night hotel, laos visa, couple of meals too.

Dan

I have to go to Vientiane in the next 2 weeks for a double TV.

Never been before.

I can't walk very far or stand longer than 20 minutes.

Any tips on local transport?

Hotels for 3 or 4 nights in the 600bt range?

TIA

Grumpy GD :)

I would recommend you use Claudio, his service leaves from Onnut Tesco-Lotus Parking Lot in nice VIP Vans around 830pm on Sunday and Wednesday evenings.

They take you through it all, minimal standing, they have seats at the Thai Consulate in Vientianne, so no standing there either. Pretty painless other than overnight in a van.

If you need details let me know. Total cost for the trip is 4,050 including transport, local transport, one night hotel, laos visa, couple of meals too.

Dan

Thanks Dan.

I was considering taking the train to Udon with the chickens & goats and doing the run from there.

Overnight in a van ........ hmmm :)

Or.... flying to Udon and finding my way from there. I fancy a few nights in Laos and slowing down. :D

Thanks again for responding. :D

Fred....... I'll point the bones at you if yr not careful. :D

Is there a visa bus service from Udon to Vientiane?

Who do I call? Visabusers?

cheers :)

Grumpy......

At Udon airport,minibuses,1-1/2 hours you are in Vientiane.

At the bus Station,1Km from train Station(songtheu,samlor) the International Thai-Lao bus.

Many departures every day,but no reserving.

For the bus ticket you need to have the Lao Visa already,for the minibus it's optional.

Have a good trip,Vientiane these days is lively (the S.E.A. games,you know) :D