Cahnging Colour Of Half A Bike - Need To Amend Book?

Thanh-BKK

Hi.

Please see the attached photos. First is when i got the bike, second was my first round of modifications and third is the current look, fully restored and tricked-out at the same time.

In the book it says "red" as the colour. Now, in the current design (similar to the 2009 RXZ model as available in Singapore/Malaysia) actually about half of the bike is silver (the head cowl is red but mine doesn't have it anyway) and i would like to know if i need to have this change entered in the green book? After all it's only HALF the bike that changed colour.

If i need to have it done, does anyone know how much of a headache it is to get it done?

Appreciate any advice......

kind regards....

Thanh

post-13387-1253585904_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1253585912_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1253585921_thumb.jpg

know how much of a headache it is to get it done?

I'm interested to know this also. Is the color only listed in the green book or is it in the stickers that go on the bike? In other words if your stopped by the BiB, will they be able to tell that the color doesn't match without checking the green book?

Hi :)

Thank you all for the replies, i appreciate it. Looks like i'm good...... i might put some more "red" on it as i am currently thinking to put the head cowl on again, however i need to modify it to fit with the round head light (original is a rectangle one).

Kind regards.....

Thanh

I would live with 'red' and think you would be ok..

Actually this is something I need to know as mine was blue (even tho it was blue / silver) is now white and will change again..

Had a blue bike and when I went for rego the guy noticed a splash of red under a scratch.Obviously repainted unbeknowns to me and not picked up by previous inspectors. He wanted the repainter to supply a certificate of colour change.so I had to arrange one from a painter in exchange for 100 baht.

Suggest for convenience sake organise a certificate of colour change before you reregister.

Had a blue bike and when I went for rego the guy noticed a splash of red under a scratch.Obviously repainted unbeknowns to me and not picked up by previous inspectors. He wanted the repainter to supply a certificate of colour change.so I had to arrange one from a painter in exchange for 100 baht.

Suggest for convenience sake organise a certificate of colour change before you reregister.

Do you have to take the bike along when you change or renew registration?