Telex Advice

Hi,

I moved to Thailand. I like to import things, but telexing money out of Thailand is difficult and expensive. Right now I have Kasikorn bank and they charge me around 500 baht, and it takes a long time in their office (what bothers me the most).

Does anyone have any advice on a bank that is cheaper or maybe has online telexing ?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

I moved to Thailand. I like to import things, but telexing money out of Thailand is difficult and expensive. Right now I have Kasikorn bank and they charge me around 500 baht, and it takes a long time in their office (what bothers me the most).

Does anyone have any advice on a bank that is cheaper or maybe has online telexing ?

Thanks,

Phil

telexing...... :) .....havent heard that term in a long time granddad, you mean on-line transfers, dont think they telex anything these days, its all by computer...$ 15 to effect a transfer is not bad.

Talk to K-bank and see if they can you set up your account for on-line transfers

Here is a related topic which may be of help:

Topic link

As for Kbank go to the head office in Rachaburana (not a small branch), if you have all required papers it takes only 5-10 minutes, fee of about 500B is correct.

opalhort

Yup,

I read it. Like I said the 500 baht fee is not too bad, but sitting in the bank while they inspect every little bit of the invoice is a waste of time. Last time I did it they made me change the wire application because my wife's name was on the invoice. So I am thinking the best thing to do is to send her alone next time ... Problem solved :)

Later,

Phil

Hi,

Thanks,

Phil

telexing...... :) .....havent heard that term in a long time granddad, you mean on-line transfers, dont think they telex anything these days, its all by computer...$ 15 to effect a transfer is not bad.

Talk to K-bank and see if they can you set up your account for on-line transfers

I tried. They won't do it for wire/telexes/TT's ... But they will let my wife do it as long as her name is on the invoice and she pays in cash :D

... But they will let my wife do it as long as her name is on the invoice and she pays in cash :)

Exactly, this is the easiest and fastest way to do it. If you have this option available to you (wife's name AND cash) go for it!

opalhort