Typical Thai Style Looking Hotel(s) In Bkk?

Azadeh

Ill be staying in BKK for 3 nights in April with boyfriend and im looking for a hotel that actually makes you feel like youre in Thailand. I mean, it should look Thai atleast, the interiors, design, anything..

All ive found is hotels boasting about their western looking rooms :o I wouldnt fly all the way to Thailand for a holiday to stay in a westernized hotel

Can anyone give me any names please?

PVTDICK thanks i just checked it out.. Its great but a lil too expensive.. Its actually almost double our budget (180$!!) Ive sent them a message though to see if they can give me a better rate..

SEATRAMP was i supposed to get a hotel name out of ur post?! lol

Problem is, "Thai style" (i.e., lots of wood, silk, etc.) is almost always more expensive than "international style" (concrete box with shag carpeting).

The Sukhothai is another five-star recommendation, but I don't know of anything "cheap" and Thai style.

If it's "atmospheric and old" you're after, you could try the Royal, which is near the Grand Palace. Lots of atmosphere and history there. Not particularly "Thai style" though (it was once the fanciest place in town, in the twenties and thirties). A bit run-down these days, but cheap.

God no, not the Atlanta.  Not Thai style at all...more like rundown art deco.

Iagree with PvtDick, stay away from that hotel.... :o

i checked out the website.. ya it is a lil dodgy and scaringly cheap too.. 700baht for their SUITE!

running out of time.. come on there has GOT to be a hotel that looks thai in thailand.. or am i asknig for too much? lol

Problem is, "Thai style" (i.e., lots of wood, silk, etc.) is almost always more expensive than "international style" (concrete box with shag carpeting).

The Sukhothai is another five-star recommendation, but I don't know of anything "cheap" and Thai style.

If it's "atmospheric and old" you're after, you could try the Royal, which is near the Grand Palace.  Lots of atmosphere and history there.  Not particularly "Thai style" though (it was once the fanciest place in town, in the twenties and thirties).  A bit run-down these days, but cheap.

ur telling me 100US$ a night is too lil? :o

n i i thought bangkok was cheap!

thanks ill check those out right now

Cheap if you want a standard-issue concrete box.  Not-so-cheap if you demand style.  These days, only the rich can live in Thai-style houses, wear Thai-style silk clothes, and stay in high-style hotels.

true

aw well.. i tried.. i just really didnt think it would be so tough

thanks PD :o

Not sure the point really - how much time are you actually going to spend in your hotel room anyways?

If thats her photo & i was her boyfriend. I'd be spending a looooong time in it :D

Why bother traveling so far if you are just going to shag in your room? Less costly to just stay home. :D BTW - yes the avatar is quite lovely - no disagreement there. :o

Not sure the point really - how much time are you actually going to spend in your hotel room anyways?

If thats her photo & i was her boyfriend. I'd be spending a looooong time in it :o

Which raises the question what is the traditional color for a thai style ceiling?

Pay 150 usd and take the Sheraton Sukhumvit.

Not pure thai style but lovely rooms,and one of the best pools in bkk.

Cheap if you want a standard-issue concrete box.  Not-so-cheap if you demand style.  These days, only the rich can live in Thai-style houses, wear Thai-style silk clothes, and stay in high-style hotels.

true

aw well.. i tried.. i just really didnt think it would be so tough

thanks PD :o