Young Farang Motorist Harrassing Farang Motorcyclists

DonJuanDemarco

i thought i was dreaming. i saw this young farang, perhaps 24 year old behind the wheel of what looked like a brand new car changing lanes tailgating an innocent farang motorcyclist. this was on sukhumwit road. he went from left to middle to right back to middle, the whole time tailgating. they passed those cops out there and thought finally some justice but the Thai cops all started laughing and did not think or care whatsoever to stop what was going on. i pulled up next to this farang at the next stop light and he was practically in tears from laughter. what kind of sick world is this and how did he afford that car?

There are idiots everywhere. They aren't so happy when I stop and smash their windshied with my tire iron though. I don't accept people taking risks with my life.

You'd be taking a risk doing that, Ian.

In the West you would be arrested. And in Thailand not to be advised . And if you tried to be Mascho with a Thai, well................

Your posts are usually more thought out.

There are idiots everywhere. They aren't so happy when I stop and smash their windshied with my tire iron though. I don't accept people taking risks with my life.

In the West you would be arrested. And in Thailand not to be advised . And if you tried to be Mascho with a Thai, well................

He would be shot dead on the spot where I'm from...either from one of the occupants inside the vehicle or by someone else who had no idea why he was doing that.

:)

He would be shot dead on the spot where I'm from...either from one of the occupants inside the vehicle or by someone else who had no idea why he was doing that.

Maybe if you ride a motorcycle then you'd understand what the tire iron is for next time someone tries to kill you

Maybe if you ride a motorcycle then you'd understand what the tire iron is for next time someone tries to kill you

Agreed drivers are idiots here the things i see when im out on my bike.. they only think about themselves and dont care about the risk they pose to others.

I ride a Vespa daily.

I ride a Vespa daily.

He said motorcycle.

It's a '79 P200E ( 200cc). Sure still a scooter, but I can wip a Honda dream!!! :D

But can you dream a Honda whip?

Forgot to put the smiley on the last post, anyone on two wheels and a motor is alright. :) Anyone intentionally trying to knock one over deserves whatever he gets. :D

:) Always aim high! Next I'll kick the pants off any rice burner under 50cc.. :D

My point to Ian's post was that you are only putting yourself at a extreme risk by having a go at someone's vehicle while they are still inside of it with a tire iron. ( and the do-ggoder who has no clue what had just taken place, but now sees you attacking with a deadly instrument..and is armed and ready to defend all he surveys)

Why not take the side of sanity, and make a turn and get away from a idiot such as the one described.

As a retired cop from the wild west in the "Excited States", I have seen with mine own eyes the effects of this and had the poor wondering why motorcyclist sitting in jail when the <deleted> are now the victims.

I don't trust ANYONE in the USA. They DO carry guns down there and a person has to be careful where they go. In my estimation there are far more dangerous places in the USA than there are in Thailand. In Thailand it's only the crazy Thai drivers you have to watch out for. But, most don't MEAN any harm. They just don't have a clue about risks. In Canada you very seldom run into guns. Handguns are illegal and hunting weapons are seldom used in any crime. But we do have a lot of idiot drivers. However, there is a BIG difference between making a stupid mistake and someone intentionally trying to play with your life. It is THAT, that I won't tolerate... anywhere. I just have to put up with the people who do stupid things while driving.

Oh, and I HAVE dealt a few lessons with my tire iron. It has a leather handle and sits in a permanent spot in my truck. I have something similar in Thailand, but I've never had the occasion to use it. Most of the Thais I've run into are pleasant, helpful people.

what a stupid reply. you try that in thailand. and you will be the one not walking away.

I don't trust ANYONE in the USA. They DO carry guns down there and a person has to be careful where they go. In my estimation there are far more dangerous places in the USA than there are in Thailand. In Thailand it's only the crazy Thai drivers you have to watch out for. But, most don't MEAN any harm. They just don't have a clue about risks. In Canada you very seldom run into guns. Handguns are illegal and hunting weapons are seldom used in any crime. But we do have a lot of idiot drivers. However, there is a BIG difference between making a stupid mistake and someone intentionally trying to play with your life. It is THAT, that I won't tolerate... anywhere. I just have to put up with the people who do stupid things while driving.

Oh, and I HAVE dealt a few lessons with my tire iron. It has a leather handle and sits in a permanent spot in my truck. I have something similar in Thailand, but I've never had the occasion to use it. Most of the Thais I've run into are pleasant, helpful people.

Take gpdjohn's advice, ian. get out of the situation

from your posts you have been lucky with most thais. great, so have i

but keep the macho stuff for your dreams. don't try it here in thailand particularly.

Take gpdjohn's advice, ian. get out of the situation

from your posts you have been lucky with most thais. great, so have i

but keep the macho stuff for your dreams. don't try it here in thailand particularly.

Good advice, caf. That's why most of the time I assess the situation first and make a decision on that. It's like trying to reason with the police. It just doesn't work. Be polite and go along with what they say. I don't need to rot in a Thai jail for something stupid. But, I'm prepared to defend myself if the occasion arrises as I have in the Philippines.

Lol i bet i know the white guy behind that wheel. If it is who I think it is then he has some youtube videos up on him driving between bangkok and Pattaya on super bikes. He did race for BMW but got dropped from the team after a series of incidents. He always drives like that, but he has done the same to me the little shit, he lives in Pattaya and Bangkok and street races regularly here.

One in every two cars in Thailand has a weapon of some sort in it, quite often a gun.

The tire iron would indeed make it an easy clean up though. Automatic self defense and surely you could make up all kinds of nasty things the shot dead hooligan in question was saying about all kinds of people... and of course skip over the part where you were driving like an idiot tailgating him.

I got chased on my Yamaha 400 by a crazed lady in a Thunderbird...in Austin :) It happens everywhere, nearly never. Pattaya - is that in Panama?

:D Gym bunnies shouldn't drive about shirtless in short shorts. It unleashes the beast in lovelorn women.

When faced with a wacko tailgating, isn't just wiser to pull over and wait a minute until the wacko passes and moves on? Bike vs, car/truck is an uneven match and it's just not worth ending up paralyzed or dead. If you don't care about yourself think about the spouse/partner/kids lthat have to deal with the aftermath.