Retirement Extension

Hello.

I read a posting that a retiree should extend for one more year and was told by the immigration officer that the combination option was no longer valid and there was only 2 options , 65.000 THB pension or 800.000 THb in a bank and I been doing some research about whats the ral truth and it seems that the combination method is still an option.

What worries me and a lot of other retirees is if this kind of romours is spread without a real fact will make us more worried because Thailand can almost change the immigration rules without prior notice.

Thailand have lost a lot of tourists and I have also heard about athat many have plans to look for oher countries if the immigration have plans to make it more difficult for us to remain in Thailand.

I know that there are many that use the combination method because their pension is not high enough to get the one year extension and so it is even in my case and i wonder how many people that have to use the combination method to stay here in Thailand but I think its alot.

I know we have some members that have good knowledges about the recent rules and they also do a great job to inform if there is someting going on at the government if some rules are going to change or not and I really honor all of you that spend a lot of your time for your great job here at thaivisa.com.

Regards

Bengt!!

The other topic was closed due to it being only rumors with no facts that there are new regulations in effect. Until new information showing a change in the rules, will close this topic to prevent mis-information and cause of concerns for members.

//Closed//