Diet Coke

JGV

For all those folks who need to be careful about weight increase I want to know why Lotus and Big C seem to have stopped stocking Diet free Coke/Pepsi in bottles and now only offer it in small cans. I regularly bought 6 large bottles a week but now it would seem that to quench our thirst we must buy the sweet variety and risk diabetes and heart trouble and obesity

Anyone know where you can buy the bottles or know why they don't supply anymore

John

I understand that unlike the sweet version, the artificially-sweetened versions go bad fairly quickly. They last longer in the cans, so they may have discontinued the bottles for this reason. Retailers can stock them for longer without them going stale and having to return them.

Diet Coke has never to my knowlege been available in bottles in Thailand.Even cans are sometimes hard to get. Its mainly because of its short shelf life and its not realy a big hit with thais. Friendship allways seem to have a good supply and its also a good idea to check the use by date especially at the smaller shops.

For all those folks who need to be careful about weight increase I want to know why Lotus and Big C seem to have stopped stocking Diet free Coke/Pepsi in bottles and now only offer it in small cans. I regularly bought 6 large bottles a week but now it would seem that to quench our thirst we must buy the sweet variety and risk diabetes and heart trouble and obesity

John

Drink water, juice or beer instead of this garbage :o

Thanks for the wonderful advice, Windy, but juice and beer will put fat on you just as fast as regular Coke will.  Many of us need the occasional fizzy and tasty beverage to get us through the day.

You need fresh squeezed juice, with no added sugar, not the stuff in cans or boxes.

Much better for your health.

Even fresh-squeezed juices can have too much natural sugar if you are a diabetic or watching your weight.

Not to mention the heavy pesticides used in fruits here. Doctors will tell you that Thai oranges are likely the most dangerous fruit here, also watermelon, cantaloupe...

Edited by Ajarn

John

Tops at Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road usually has the litre bottles of Pepsi Max at the best prices I've seen: 20.- (sometimes 19.- or less with their SPOT rewards card). A lot of the Family Marts have it too (even where I wouldn't expect it to be popular e.g. Soi Buakhow) but it's usually 26.- Sometimes Best Supermarket on Dolphin Circle has it also at 26.-

Have you found that the artificial sweeteners actually helps with the weight? As usual with this "science" of nutrition I've heard conflicting reports of their effectiveness e.g. http://news.uns.purdue.edu/UNS/html4ever/2...s.research.html