Wanted: Odd Couple Ticket For Fri 25th

wpbr

Long shot I know, but has anyone got a ticket for The Odd Couple for Friday 26th Sep that they don't want and are prepared to sell?

Sadly for me - but great for the group - they are sold out.

Every single show has been sold out. The night I was there people who had no tickets waited to see if there were any no shows and a few got in at 7:00 pm. I also saw that they set up extra chairs in the aisle for a couple of people. If it's just one seat you're after I'd think you have a good chance of getting in if you show up early and let it be known you need one seat.

We saw the Odd Couple last weekend. They let some people sit on the floor to see the show. It was very, very well done. The actors are very professional and the staging is tight. It was a very enjoyable evening and I'm glad to see they're bringing the show back in November.

• 1 month later...
We saw the Odd Couple last weekend. They let some people sit on the floor to see the show. It was very, very well done. The actors are very professional and the staging is tight. It was a very enjoyable evening and I'm glad to see they're bringing the show back in November.

The Odd Couple will be back in Chiang Mai starting November 6th for 6 performances! The last showing was standing room only every performance.

From Broadway to Chiang Mai,

Neil Simon’s, "The Odd Couple", is guaranteed to make you laugh make you laugh!

EXTENDED!

The Gate Theater Group of Chiang Mai continues to thrill audiences in the north of Thailand. Their hit production of The Odd Couple, is coming back to town this November.

The Gate Theater of Chiang Mai will continue The Odd Couple, by Neil Simon at the Studio Theater on the 7th floor of Central Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall. The show re-opens Friday, November 6th and runs on Fridays and Saturdays through November 21st. Doors open at 6:45 pm with curtain at 7:00 pm each night.

The Odd Couple, Neil Simon’s most successful play ever, follows the lives of the two most famous mismatched roommates ever: Felix Ungar, a neurotic fusspot news writer, and Oscar Madison, a slovenly sports journalist. Felix has been asked to remove himself from his place of residence. That request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that someday he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his childhood friend, Oscar Madison. Sometime earlier, Madison's wife had thrown him out, requesting that he never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?

The laughs are non-stop in this classic hit from one of America’s greatest comedy writers. It premiered on Broadway in 1965 at the Plymouth Theatre in New York City, starring Walter Matthau as Oscar and Art Carney as Felix.

The play marks the start of the fourth season for The Gate Theater, Chiang Mai’s only English Language theater group. It is being directed by the group’s founder, Stephan Turner and features Brian Hubbard and Richard Childs respectively in the lead roles of Oscar and Felix. Rounding out the cast are Robert Young as Murray, Jim Matchett as Speed, Brian Brown as Roy, Roberto Toscano as Vinne, and Marisa Lianggamphai and Amelie Vignaud as the Pigeon sisters.

Contact the information desk on the first floor of Central Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall for seats. Suggested donation 250 baht. For more information call 087-177-2195 – 086-671-3371 or write to info(at)gate-theater.com or visit our website at www.gate-theater.com.