2 Months Overstay Problem,

Hello guys, I would like to ask for any advice for my overstay problem. This is my situation for some reason, my employer he terminated my work permit.., since my employer told me i have to report at immigration office every 90 days, Then when i go to immigration Jomtien, officer told me I have to pay 2 months overstay.. But i don't know the reason why..My non immigrant B visa still valid only my work permit was cancel....If I ever pay overstay..how much is the cost for 2 months..

Thanks in advice for the accurate information...

Cheers

Dangersnake

What kind of visa do you have? Are you on a valid multiple non-B or did you get a one year extension from immigration.

When you get an extension of stay from immigration based on working, you have to leave the country the same day you lose your job. Immigration can give you an extension of 7 days.

It seems you stayed in the country when your job ended, so from the day you lost your job you are on overstay. This costs 500 baht per day, with a maximum of 20,000 baht.

That is not the case if you have a valid multiple non-B. That one stays valid if you lose your job. An extension of stay not.

As you seem to have been doing 90 day reports you were on an extension of stay and now owe 20,000 baht in overstay fine. Only if here on a 90 day entry stamp from a border entry point/airport would you not have to leave when employment ends.

It's 500bt per day for overstay but you can only be charged up to a maximum of 20,000bt - so do not get scammed and pay 30,000 for 60 days overstay. I paid 13,000bt before for overstay since I was a spastic and didn't read the stamp properly! In any case, they are just after money and nothing else, overstaying won't affect your ability to get future visa's.